Most common misconceptions of fish?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I've seen worse questions on yahoo answers. These aren't beginner fish keepers (usually) since most beginners listen to advice and learn from their mistakes. But there are some who ask questions like "what fish can I keep in a 2 quart bowl plz dont say nothing" and then plenty of people say nothing, not even a betta. But then there's that ONE person who answers "ya i kept 10 goldfish and they livd 4 a months!1111111" who got 99999 downvotes and 0 upvotes but the person who asked the questions chooses that as his best answer.....this is why I abandoned yahoo answers.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I've seen worse questions on yahoo answers. These aren't beginner fish keepers (usually) since most beginners listen to advice and learn from their mistakes. But there are some who ask questions like "what fish can I keep in a 2 quart bowl plz dont say nothing" and then plenty of people say nothing, not even a betta. But then there's that ONE person who answers "ya i kept 10 goldfish and they livd 4 a months!1111111" who got 99999 downvotes and 0 upvotes but the person who asked the questions chooses that as his best answer.....this is why I abandoned yahoo answers.
Yahoo answers are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
If I grow them all up together they won't fight

Sent from my LGMS659 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was actually told that at a specialty fish shop, lol.

"They're captive bred and raised together so they don't know how they're supposed to behave in the wild so they'll get along..."

I didn't know any better then... several dead fish later...

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The tank is dirty...better clean the glass to make it all better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Has anyone mentioned how having a large and/or several filters replaces water changes? I heard that a lot when I worked at the lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store