How should I handle this?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry,when I read that today the goonch was upside down I construed that it was dead...not too many fish come back from that though.I would have been highly pissed off had I received a fish in poor condition.That tells me that someone knowingly selected,packed and sent me a fish whose health or life was compromised and didn't mention anything about that to me prior to shipping it...not cool.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I think most of us know who the vendor is. Well first you don't want to ship a fish fat on food. They just defecate in the bag and kill themselfs. So it arriving on the thin side is normal. What did the vendor say when you first notified him of the condition. If he cannot replace it now did he say he would later or get a different fish. When I got my Goonch some years ago it too arrived upside down in the bag. Lucky for me it pulled through and lived.

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
I Think it's of a benefit to let everyone here know about the fish vendor. This can go either way , all ends well and we see how good of a vendor they are or, things don't go as planned and we as members become well informed of how a situation may turn out if we order from that vendor.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
What are your tank dimensions and water parameters, are there tankmates? These questions are required after keeping the fish for a month.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Shipping a fish that is fat on food is one thing and of course it's normal to let it fast and purge its digestive tract so it has less waste for the water it ships in but even after a week of not eating a fish shouldn't be thin and frail...should it?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
What are your tank dimensions and water parameters, are there tankmates? These questions are required after keeping the fish for a month.
I think Ivan is probably one of the more experienced goonch keepers state side.

Good luck with the vendor and sorting this out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store