"Tanked" opinions?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Not suprised it was cancelled. Guys knew little about the actual fish and had a number of systems fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Sums up my thoughts. who really cares about a show featuring extravagant builds but not in an educational format? Basically was a commercial for their product

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I was happy to hear that tanked was canceled they didn't care about the live stock they put in the tanks .

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
River monsters is probably my favorite show. I love the fishing and facts you can pick up from it, I really like the mystery element to it also.

Jeremy Wade is the man watched the new episode where he caught a large Muskie on a 6 pound test line with a hooked minnow. :)

inth3shadows

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Bellaire, MI
Tanked was entertaining sometimes because of the craziness. However, they never touched on cost and rarely did much actual education. I have a good idea of the cost of aquariums on that scale, but if people want to be a part of a show like this they should tell the general cost of aquariums on this scale.

River Monsters wastes 20 mins on an hour at least, if he did less "showmanship" and more how its done it would be far better imo.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
What's ur opinion on the show tank I use to enjoy it and all the fish facts and was very disappointed when the show was cancelled just wanted to hear your opinions on the show. Also what about river monsters?

I like tanked i took the show for what it was a show about building all kinds of tanks. Didnt watch it to learn about fish that wasnt what it was about. River monsters is joke a bunch of hype for 40 minutes 15 minutes of commercials to see a couple minutes worth of fish. It reminds me of the stupid bigfoot shows. People talk about brett and wade not knowing about fish jerermy doesnt either and i thought he was a marine biologist i cant believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Ill take the hunt for big fish any day over rivermonsters lots of fish packed in a 30 minute show, and he was on way before river monsters. http://huntforbigfish.com/

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I like tanked i took the show for what it was a show about building all kinds of tanks/[/url]
You really like a show that builds big tanks and then the live stock is dead in 2 months? A show that tries to make tank building into a soap opera?

It's well documented that these tanks don't flourish after initial stocking

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store