Solo monster for 370gallon

olex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
Hi, I have been following TheKingofDIY on youtube and I have the intention of building his latest plywood tank that he is building (
). I believe the tank is about 370gal and I would like to know what I could stock this thing with. I havent started building yet but I hope to soon. I currently have a 200gal setup with silver dollars, 1 oscar, 1 JD, 1 GT, 1 Black Diamond and 1 trimac that are all young still. With that being said I would like to try and keep cichlids to a minimum in the new setup, maybe like one red devil or jag or something for fun but thats it. So after all that being said I would like some ideas on the stock I could put in here. The dimensions of this tank are 78" x 38"(deep) x 29" (tall). I would either want something along the lines of like
flagtail,tinfoil, redhooks, clown loaches, (1big cichlid) and a saratoga
or festae pair
or one big angry fish that can live solo in here for life or a very long time at least (maybe dovii male)
thats where you guys come in, I want to know the best ideas you have for this aquarium that aren't just another big lot of americans (maybe just one or 2) and i want to stay away from african cichlids too. So yea just some good ideas of awesome fish people have had in there experience that would suit this well and not be boring for me.
Thanks everyone!!

olex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
What does it take to get replies on this forum haha

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
QUOTE="olex, post: 7297506, member: 138620"]What does it take to get replies on this forum haha[/QUOTE]
actually I was going to reply earlier but was confused when you mentioned pairs when the thread title says solo.:) I agree with axs377 male dovi, or male umbee.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
What does it take to get replies on this forum haha
Action! I've seen too many talkers, planners than a real one that take actions! Until you've started and finished your built then it's more reality for advises/suggestions.

olex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
The problem with Australia is that I have never found an Umbee:/ I've seen 2 dovii but they are accessible

olex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
Oh and sorry about the confusion with the pair or solo thing, solo was my main idea and probably more preferable but I was open to anything

olex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
Something a bit bigger that will live feed sometimes for fun like a peacock bass would be cool and probably my first preference

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store