Win a sticker

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
There was a thread that people were asking for MFK decals. I got 2 stickers from Oddball. I will give one up to the first person who answers this question correct and lives in the United States.

Lil Wayne is doing research on the population of fish in a pond. Lil Wayne hollas at Ja Rule to help him with his research. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule rent a green boat for 8 hours. The 2 of them catch and tag 22 gorgeous comet goldfish and 6 ugly ones. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule release all the fish back into the pond. Out of the 6 ugly comets the two of them caught 3 of them had large black dots on their head. The next day Lil Wayne and Ja Rule go back to the pond and rent a blue boat for 8 hours. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule catch 28 gorgeous comet goldfish and 3 ugly comet goldfish. One of the ugly comets was missing an eye. While 2 of the ugly comets had nipped fins. Out of the 28 gorgeous comet goldfish and 3 ugly comet goldfish only 4 of the comet goldfish had tags on them which was placed by Lil Wayne and Ja Rule the day before.

Using any acceptable mathematical formula, rule or procedure tell me how many comet goldfish are in the pond Lil Wayne is doing his research in with the help of Ja Rule. I will judge if it is acceptable.

Last edited:

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Not interested in a sticker but first thought that popped in my head was, when is someone going to ask how many gallons is the pond? Then proceed to tell you that it is severely overstocked. Then will ask you your water parameters and ask if it was cycled. The the conversation will turn to what you are feeding them... lol

Reactions: gnomenpower

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
216 comet goldfish by Lincoln-Peterson method [(28*31)/4=216], assuming the effort/techniques/conditions were equivalent across the two days and no immigration/emigration had occurred overnight.

I love stickers.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I'm sure there is some kind of differential equation you could write to given the 8 hour time frame but I don't care to mess with that right now.

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
A three pass depletion is standard method of population estimation in brook trout streams, but this pool (maybe 100' x 15' x 5' deep along one bank) would not deplete... so mark/recapture was used to estimate ~1,000 YOY and ~1,000 age 1+ brookies. Went back later with a GoPro, made my favorite screensaver of all time! This is a screenshot from the video... Somewhere, VA, in an intermittent stream, all wild spawned. And they stock rainbows and browns downstream...:mad:

Screenshot 2015-07-27 00.06.38.png

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
There was a thread that people were asking for MFK decals. I got 2 stickers from Oddball. I will give one up to the first person who answers this question correct and lives in the United States.

Lil Wayne is doing research on the population of fish in a pond. Lil Wayne hollas at Ja Rule to help him with his research. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule rent a green boat for 8 hours. The 2 of them catch and tag 22 gorgeous comet goldfish and 6 ugly ones. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule release all the fish back into the pond. Out of the 6 ugly comets the two of them caught 3 of them had large black dots on their head. The next day Lil Wayne and Ja Rule go back to the pond and rent a blue boat for 8 hours. Lil Wayne and Ja Rule catch 28 gorgeous comet goldfish and 3 ugly comet goldfish. One of the ugly comets was missing an eye. While 2 of the ugly comets had nipped fins. Out of the 28 gorgeous comet goldfish and 3 ugly comet goldfish only 4 of the comet goldfish had tags on them which was placed by Lil Wayne and Ja Rule the day before.

Using any acceptable mathematical formula, rule or procedure tell me how many comet goldfish are in the pond Lil Wayne is doing his research in with the help of Ja Rule. I will judge if it is acceptable.
55 known... but they should have used a trawler and a dragnet. Seems too many went uncounted.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store