Polypterus Enclosures pics

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Okay, will add my pics but I feel my tank is mostly a cichlid community tank

My 210 gallon. You can see my weeksii in the lower right part of the tank. There is a del in there somewhere too. On the lookout for one more poly, cant decide what type....

A shot of my weeksii, still growing...

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
do you have any left? And how did they behave?
only 11-12 polys now. just got rehomed 2. got another volta endili. with the pile. no issues really. just usual biting in feeding thats about it. Now that i have less. i see more growth. also no aggression between the polys

Brit.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
Ok so I now have a clean slate new tank 55gal EMPTY so I need ideas on which Poly's to get so far I've only had 2 albino sengalus n 1 regular sengalus so guys....... Help please.... Need opinions on sand or gravel which do u prefer n decor ideas I was playing around w the idea of a glow style w my previous albinos but now idk???

1447782040709533237717.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ok so I now have a clean slate new tank 55gal EMPTY so I need ideas on which Poly's to get so far I've only had 2 albino sengalus n 1 regular sengalus so guys....... Help please.... Need opinions on sand or gravel which do u prefer n decor ideas I was playing around w the idea of a glow style w my previous albinos but now idk???

View attachment 1150083
what are the dimesions of that tank? Looks shorter/wider than a normal 55

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Actually I'm not sure it was given to me lol n that's what they said lol I'll measure it today n check it might b smaller hahaha
Actually I'm not sure it was given to me lol n that's what they said lol I'll measure it today n check it might b smaller hahaha
ya I cant tell from the pic, but regardless about the only species you'll be alright keeping are senegals, and even that may be a stretch if you get ones with good genetics and they break the 8" mark.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store