Polypterus Enclosures pics

Brit.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
ya I cant tell from the pic, but regardless about the only species you'll be alright keeping are senegals, and even that may be a stretch if you get ones with good genetics and they break the 8" mark.
Could I start with babies n then move them to a bigger tank later I'm gonna get a bigger one after the new year? Do you think that would be a good time frame??

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Could I start with babies n then move them to a bigger tank later I'm gonna get a bigger one after the new year? Do you think that would be a good time frame??
what size will the bigger tank be? and yes provided its a good upgrade that would be a good timeframe for most young polys 3-4"

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Ive had a few poly's over the years, some sold, some jumped to *freedom*...But I havehad one that has outlasted every other fish-followed closely by my one eye'd Albino Oscar-whom I purchased 5 years ago.

I have two Poly's at the moment. A Plain 'ol Sengal I picked up I guess about 7 years ago now, from Petco. Oldest pic I could find at about 9 months owned, yes that's a real skull-given to me by a friend that got it from a Dentist... now almost completely disolved!

Here she is today

Her latest enclosure. 125G with a few other oddballs and a very shy oscar. After these years of fish owning and *several* tanks- I ALWAY know its, *Spud*, because she has one spine, about 3 spines in from her tail that doesn't work. She's always had one 'dead' spine-since I originally got her.

I also have a juvenile Ornate now too(less than 6months owned) but no pics today! He wasn't having it.

Last edited:

Brit.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
Guys I have a enclosure question what do you prefer for the bottom of your tanks gravel or sand

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice sen racersk.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Guys I have a enclosure question what do you prefer for the bottom of your tanks gravel or sand
Prefer sand. Looks nicer. Easier to pass by polys if accidentally swallowed.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store