DO NOT GO To Aquatic Interiors-Seacave in Ohio

Spyderjack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
In seeking a custom built tank today, I stopped by this store because I happened to be in the city of Akron and it came up online when searching for aquariums. I am looking for an odd shaped tank that I know is not standard so I thought I'd find out if the store can make custom built tanks. I thought it might be good to shop around for this item that I know will cost me quite a bit. Upon entering, a man asked if we needed some help and I began to explain the project. I was no more than 5-7 minutes into the conversation attentively listening to him and attempting to answer his questions-he talked really fast. He suddenly went off and said he did not want to do the project, sarcastically accused me of not even having a picture available for reference, and told us to get out of the store also stating he was the store owner and that he has never had to deny a customer in twenty eight years! We walked out and being the communicator at heart that I am, I actually felt really awful about it and after asking my friend if I had been unreasonable and he said no, not at all, and was equally as shocked as I was, I thought that maybe it was a huge misunderstanding and if I took the picture of the object I am enclosing the tank in to show him, it would help to better explain. But alas, not so. He reiterated he wanted nothing to do with me and told us to get out of the store and slammed the door behind us! It was so bizarre, he had to be under the influence or something. Another store person just stood there during the whole thing and said nothing.
We had to laugh because we were in such shock that we'd been treated in this way. I really thought there might be a hidden camera somewhere like candid camera or something! If you've read through this, thanks for reading, and I hope no one else has to endure the 'Fishman's' bad attitude at Aquatic Interiors-Seacave in Akron, Ohio.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Maybe he did not understand what you were trying to convey. Or thought that what you were asking was ludicrous. Now if he was rude that was not necessary. But just go someplace else and see if someone else can make it happen for you.

Reactions: Spyderjack

Spyderjack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
I get the impression we're not seeing the entire picture here.
I don't know how much more honest I can be. Seriously, I thought that maybe it was my fault on some level in trying to convey what I wished to have made and that possibly I had not communicated it to his level of expertise, yet to think this guy so VERY easily became angry at the level he did, and treat us like he did...there is no reasonable explanation. My friend that was with me is not someone I've known for very long so I really wanted to know if I'd done something wrong so I asked and he felt this guy was very difficult to communicate with. Like I said, we were in shock. Ironically, when we went to the aquarium fish store that is nearby (Two Turtles-very nice selection BTW) I asked about Aquatic Interiors-Seacave, and was told that it's not uncommon, they hear it often, that he hates women and kicks plenty of people out of his store that mean no harm. They also said a guy had been in recently and shared a similar situation of the owner at Seacave going off, so what I experienced does not seem all that out of the ordinary. Obviously he's had some satisfied customers to have the business/store he has, but at least hearing that he's known to be extremely rude made me feel a little relieved to know my friend and I aren't crazy. Dude was out there! And, yes, I appreciate the suggestions to take my hard earned money elsewhere! I've checked with a couple other custom builders in Ohio who have been very accommodating/receptive and seemed to understand easily what I would like.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I don't know how much more honest I can be. Seriously, I thought that maybe it was my fault on some level in trying to convey what I wished to have made and that possibly I had not communicated it to his level of expertise, yet to think this guy so VERY easily became angry at the level he did, and treat us like he did...there is no reasonable explanation. My friend that was with me is not someone I've known for very long so I really wanted to know if I'd done something wrong so I asked and he felt this guy was very difficult to communicate with. Like I said, we were in shock. Ironically, when we went to the aquarium fish store that is nearby (Two Turtles-very nice selection BTW) I asked about Aquatic Interiors-Seacave, and was told that it's not uncommon, they hear it often, that he hates women and kicks plenty of people out of his store that mean no harm. They also said a guy had been in recently and shared a similar situation of the owner at Seacave going off, so what I experienced does not seem all that out of the ordinary. Obviously he's had some satisfied customers to have the business/store he has, but at least hearing that he's known to be extremely rude made me feel a little relieved to know my friend and I aren't crazy. Dude was out there! And, yes, I appreciate the suggestions to take my hard earned money elsewhere! I've checked with a couple other custom builders in Ohio who have been very accommodating/receptive and seemed to understand easily what I would like.
I had a landlord like that.....treated women like dirt, but when a man stepped up and said "Dude, you need to show some respect and act like a professional" all of a sudden his bollocks shrivel up and he turns sweetheart. Just tell him what you WANT, don't "ask for a request"....sometimes a customer that MEANS business ....GETS better business. This ain't 1965....women have the same rights as men.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I had a landlord like that.....treated women like dirt, but when a man stepped up and said "Dude, you need to show some respect and act like a professional" all of a sudden his bollocks shrivel up and he turns sweetheart. Just tell him what you WANT, don't "ask for a request"....sometimes a customer that MEANS business ....GETS better business. This ain't 1965....women have the same rights as men.
LOL!....bollocks?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
LOL!....bollocks?
ya, I'm as American as they come but I love British slang.

Bollocks = balls, to my understanding.....as in "Bollocks, I'm outta here" or "You ain't got the bollocks to do it", etc.

I just find it comical to dabble with other cultures' slang.......they already think ours' is completely insane....why not show them we can use theirs' to encourage them to embrace ours' as well?

Seriously, here in Philly we invented the JON.......a Jon can be ANYTHING. Literally.

Jon = anything you can think of to refer to as a Jon. Seriosuly. Anything. This Jon, that Jon....all them Jons.....that guy named "Jon" who has a bunch of Jons built from Jons, decorated with Jons with a big Jon at the top activated by pressing a Jon marked by a red-colored Jon next to the green Jon.

also, Jon: something that exists.

Bollocks is nothing compared to what we have to put up with in the states LMAO.

Last edited:

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Maybe the guy had a bad day. I know I have had my share. But I understand there is no excuse to be rude.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store