Imperial Line Festae

Status
Not open for further replies.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Alright on that note I'll leave this thread, I'm gonna go look for my flynns flying fantastic blue frontosa, making a quick stop to petsmart later
Thanks Bless one great points!
You do that fantastic fin guppy fin petsmart shopper.
Don't forget your coupons!lol.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
What's wrong with asking questions and gaining knowledge? I'm sure Anch wouldn't mind telling people exactly what he's selling down to the original wild caught breeding pair.. For example the female he's using can be traced down 3 generations of new blood used and exactly who breeders were. The male is wild caught, meaning anyone that buys fry from him will be getting brand new blood previously not available to the hobby. Like I tried to explain to you already, soon enough people will know this guy's product well enough to stay informed about his line of festae.

As for your whole Severums argument it's really not worth discussing as it doesn't really apply to this and is just plain silly tbh.
Alright I'll wait to hear the difference between an imperial festae and a regular festae because I can't see it

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Alright I'll wait to hear the difference between an imperial festae and a regular festae because I can't see it
Well for one you seem blind and that's ok buy beak faced ,sloped head Bar less festae.
I don't need to explain the difference. Ignorance is bliss. Stay blind.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Have you ever bought a purebred dog or anything? Same concept. If your buying wc to F1 it really doesnt matter all that much. However if you have say a stunner super red female mota and the male kills her. It would be nice to be able to grab another super red mota from whatshisface super red mota line than say ordering a ton of regular rio blancs praying for another female as red as the one you had much less with the same perfect physical conformation. Very general example but you get the idea.

The name is gimicky but hey its marketing and my mostly my personal opinion so who cares.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
Have you ever bought a purebred dog or anything? Same concept. If your buying wc to F1 it really doesnt matter all that much. However if you have say a stunner super red female mota and the male kills her. It would be nice to be able to grab another super red mota from whatshisface super red mota line than say ordering a ton of regular rio blancs praying for another female as red as the one you had much less with the same perfect physical conformation. Very general example but you get the idea.

The name is gimicky but hey its marketing and my mostly my personal opinion so who cares.
20160720_200038.jpg

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
IMO it's not a line until you have line bred a species, don't care if they're fishes, birds, or mammals for at least a few generations for a certain trait. Once you start getting constancy generation after generation for whatever trait you're breeding for than you can call it a linebred animal.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Don't know why people keep comparing fish sp with pedigree dogs, pedigree dogs are a domesticated animal far removed from its wild ancestry the Wolf. Also alot of pedigree dogs ( mainly the ones bred for certain traits or just to look pretty) are genetically flawed and end up living short pain full lives,

Reactions: fishfanatic80

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Because a pedigree is a pedigree. Its just a way of tracking what came from where. If your going to breed past F1 its about the only way to really keep track of what your doing. Its a lot of trouble to go through for the money, but if it's not mixing locales etc then I think its a good thing.

In regards to the genetically flawed deal. Theres a big difference between backyard breeders (mainly where the average joe will buy from) and pro's.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I'll take peasant line Festae anytime

DSC_0003 copy 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com