Imperial Line Festae

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
You have a stunner pair, but I hate when hobbyists comes up with lineages on their own (nothing against you). The only thing that should be added to a fishes name is maybe the collection site since some species vary slightly based on location. It's not so common in the cichlid world so I don't mind it too much but I see too many times aquarists coming up with new lineages confusing people and getting away with charging higher prices. This is all too common in the salt water hobby side with sps corals. A picture of the pair should suffice in showing the good gene pool the fish are from, there's no need to put a different name on it.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
You have a stunner pair, but I hate when hobbyists comes up with lineages on their own (nothing against you). The only thing that should be added to a fishes name is maybe the collection site since some species vary slightly based on location. It's not so common in the cichlid world so I don't mind it too much but I see too many times aquarists coming up with new lineages confusing people and getting away with charging higher prices. This is all too common in the salt water hobby side with sps corals. A picture of the pair should suffice in showing the good gene pool the fish are from, there's no need to put a different name on it.

First of all my thread my post my fish! I don't really care what you think. I happen to name my fish lineages so hobbyist know what fish there getting. Kind of stupid not to name your line. I put alot of work in to developing Imperial Line! So anyhow thank you those who support the thread !

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
When you make up lineages hobbyists don't really know what they're getting. That's the problem with self proclaimed lineages people end up spending more money on a regular festae pair or whatever they're getting. I'm not saying you didn't put hard work into your fish breeding but at the end of the day they're still regular festae. What sets your lineage different from the rest. If everyone just started naming lineages after fish they had that were well taken care of and nice there would be a million different names under every fish. Sorry if what I'm saying offends you but adding self proclaimed lineages hurts the hobby but like I said I like your fish I don't mean to bash your post

MP_cichlid

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2015
Connecticut
When if you go buy any Festae you don't know the details of his parents, their parents and so on and so fourth. Naming a line gives the ability to have easy identification from one line to the next, and yes one line can be very different. You can have a line known for its perfect, unbroken barring or do its fiery red males or anything for that matter. The care taken in each generation and being able to pick out and specifically select fish to breed for certain traits can make a huge difference from one line to another!

Reactions: DAF590 and oriqua
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store