12x8x8

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I like the idea of being able to keep freshwater puffers without having to set up another 200.
For me it is mostly feeding and a tank for them atm

JoeBoxer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
Canada
JoeBoxer JoeBoxer have all the supplies for the time gallon tank. I picked up a top find intrenal filter today, once you get the sand I'll be done. Here's the 1.6 gallon 8x8x6 tank. Only a temporary holding tank for all the plants, I made that tank in less then 10 minutes for my Venus fly trap enclosure so nothing special. hooked up the pressurized CO2 to test the longevity of one tank. I ordered 30 16g tanks should last over a year maybe 2

View attachment 1200408
Awesome dude. I just ordered a clip on LED light and the same HOB filter that convict360 convict360 has from Amazon. Should arrive just in time for my move to the new house.

I will do my best to swing by big als in Scarborough this week to get the sand. Is the carib sea one okay or you want the fluorite?

Reactions: convict360

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Awesome dude. I just ordered a clip on LED light and the same HOB filter that convict360 convict360 has from Amazon. Should arrive just in time for my move to the new house.

I will do my best to swing by big als in Scarborough this week to get the sand. Is the carib sea one okay or you want the fluorite?
I use flourite for my plants and it works wl

Reactions: JoeBoxer

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Those look great too. I think I like the real sand because it helps with keeping the scale of the nano tank.
This is a good point, one I agree with. The only downside is, many active plant substrates are good at buffering the water down to acidic pH, which is preferred by shrimp; also they hold tonnes of nutrients for plants.

However, many would argue that trying to balance the need of plants and shrimps is a no win situation, hence why many go with easy mosses, Anubias etc.

I just ordered some dennerle Fluval substrate last night, it's inert and smaller grained in keeping with the nano theme. Only downside is no buffering, but active substrates lose that ability anyway. Be interesting to see the results!

Reactions: JoeBoxer and Hendre

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I was going for the fluorite personally

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I pit flourite in a plastic mesh cage with holes in top for my amazon swords and similar for the rooted plants in both my tropical tanks before covering it in the other substrate

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
What's the name of the clip light? I tried to expand it in my phone but can't read it. I'm finding a bunch of clip on lights but can't find that one. Also the name or a link to the filter on Amazon would be appreciated.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
What's the name of the clip light? I tried to expand it in my phone but can't read it. I'm finding a bunch of clip on lights but can't find that one. Also the name or a link to the filter on Amazon would be appreciated.
Search "3 mode aquarium clip light" on Ebay and you should eventually find it. If that doesn't work then replace "light" with "lamp".

Reactions: Texas321
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store