900 gallon possibility - stock list?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I think your overall stocking ideas are rather high and a bit overkill for the space you will have, can trim it down and make it far better for all the fish, for the space I think you should be thinking 4-5 rays at the most, but some people like to pack them in and thats your choice but its harder to keep them then, and males and females honestly wont get along after a while

Reactions: Hendre

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
It's not disappointing if we all know deep down you aren't going to do it.
Also another question is who is going to look after it, 900 gallons with a stock like that is a full time job, I think the school might not be ready for something like that

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Orbs were mentioned to stay smaller but in reality don't. They seem to be about the same as marbles. Some stay smaller and some get huge. I think a few of those species will eventually become food. Definitely need a drip system on this setup.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Orbs were mentioned to stay smaller but in reality don't. They seem to be about the same as marbles. Some stay smaller and some get huge. I think a few of those species will eventually become food. Definitely need a drip system on this setup.
Prob with that stock the drip will be at least 100 gallons per day?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Not necessarily could be less depends on feeding big time. My 1200 with 8 rays and cichlas etc runs anywhere between 40-80 gal drip per day
Wow, 1200 gallons - big tank. Mind sharing dimensions and stock list? The search feature isn't working correctly right now, I can't search for postings/threads by certain members.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store