A Game Of Thrones

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
spoilers

they're just all over the place. the cinematography was excellent but the execution and pacing continues to ruin a great show. cercei's death upset me the most. her character deserved a better death imo. i wanted someone to kill her. it's ok that she saw her world crumble around her but after all these seasons her character deserved a better exit. i'm happy though that finally the hound got to cross swords with his brother. for those that know me, i've been waiting for it a long time and would've been absolutely livid if the showdown didn't happened.

i just read that it wasn't hbo that made the last 2 seasons short, it was the 2 creator/directors. i have no idea what they were thinking. and they had extra time to do this last season right, but what we see is the result of that?? Dany turning into the mad queen didn't surprise me too much but i wish they would've built that up more. there was hints of her rage early on in the show but bringing fire and blood down on thousands of innocents goes against what she had been built up to do all along. saving the innocent from tyrants. jon has been reduced to moping around and saying "i don't want it." well, if you loved your queen, jon snow, you should've comforted her in bed and spooned with her the night before, it might've kept dany's grasp on her sanity a tad stronger. sometimes you gotta take one for the team jon snow. i get that she brought down fire and blood though.....losing 2 dragons, losing missandei, coming to westoros where no one likes her even after all that she sacrificed and lost, to help them. but they failed on the delivery and build up imo

and i'm still mulling over the night king and bran............this whole time, for years, i've been thinking the 3 eyed raven is the ****. like, there's a reason why the night king wants the 3 eyed raven, it may be the only thing the night king fears. i always thought, maybe the 3 eye has some yet to be seen powerful power that can overpower the powers of the powerful walkers. maybe 3 eye is what stopped the walkers thousands of years ago. but nope, it seemed to be absolutely pointless for the night king to go after bran as there was no threat there.

of all the times tyrion screwed up as hand of the queen, he was right about staying across the narrow sea. she was loved over there, she could've ruled for a long time, still have her other 2 dragons, the walkers wouldn't have got one of the dragons to destroy the magical wall and westeros would've imploded and cannibalized itself in due time.

the golden company was a waste and pointless, the scorpions were precision snipers the episode before but are useless now, so many story arcs are being completely abandoned. overall this is turning out to be a tragic ending to one of my favorite shows.

/rant for now
Great points. I read that about the directors cutting the show short. They said they could finish the story in 6 episodes....

So much wasted storylines and destroyed characters, really sad.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Samwell freaking Tarly is responsible for the collapse of the alliance. Things weren't so complicated until he tossed his wrench of knowledge into the machine

But the solution would've been to marry jon and dany. Rule as aunt and nephew, keep it in the family as targaryen have done for generations.

Now we got dany fulfilling her dads legacy by burning them all

If arya kills dany I'll not be happy at all. Hope jon does it. Or dany kills everyone down south and goes to winterfell to publically feed sansa to drogon

• Haha
Reactions: islandguy11

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Been so long I forgot how to post YouTube videos. Hope it works. But I'm hoping for an ending like this snl sketch

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Samwell freaking Tarly is responsible for the collapse of the alliance. Things weren't so complicated until he tossed his wrench of knowledge into the machine

But the solution would've been to marry jon and dany. Rule as aunt and nephew, keep it in the family as targaryen have done for generations.

Now we got dany fulfilling her dads legacy by burning them all

If arya kills dany I'll not be happy at all. Hope jon does it. Or dany kills everyone down south and goes to winterfell to publically feed sansa to drogon
Arya will kill Danny.. that's the prophecy! Someone with green eyes... and I'm happy with that... I think yara will boat down the dornish (I'm guessing varys sent his note to them) to fend off the unsullied and the dragon... I think Tyrion takes the throne and jon goes to the north to live his life with the wildlings

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Ok one episode they have crossbows with heat seeking missiles the next they can't hit squat. They did the hound wrong.

I must say the cgi is badass. When drogon appears out of the darkness to burn the advisor was wicked.

Seems very rushed for such a big buildup. It would be nice to see it go out with more thought

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Im seriously not sure what to think about GOT Season 8 anymore... really disappointed with the way its all panning out and the way the scripts are being written...

Feels so much more rushed and un-finished compared to previous episodes and seriously whats with Arya’s “Thank You” to the hound... couldnt they have done something a little more different or emotional there...

Guess im just finding this season to be a bit hollow compared to before where there was way more story telling...

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Would have been a way more fitting end for Cersi and Jamie if the last sceen from Sunday night was Arya taking off Jamies face in the room with Cersi. As bits of the roof are collapsing, fade out on Aryas smiling face as she stalks toward Cersi. The questions would be did Jamie die on the streets from the stab wound or did Arya kill him, and how did she kill Cersi and does she get out? Not why did it kind of suck?
Jon needs to kill Dani and Drogan or take Drogan for his own he is a targaryen after all.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Ok one episode they have crossbows with heat seeking missiles the next they can't hit squat. They did the hound wrong.

I must say the cgi is badass. When drogon appears out of the darkness to burn the advisor was wicked.

Seems very rushed for such a big buildup. It would be nice to see it go out with more thought
Ya the heat seekers to duds was an epic fail for sure... I thought the hound was bitter sweet taking out his brother along with himself... great fight scene... mountain looked like Darth Vader on steroids.. amazing

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Ya Cerci death was not shocking enough for how big of a character she was. And what happened with Arya wearing faces? Doesnt do that anymore? The writing took an absolute nose dive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store