What is this? A blood parrot? A red devil? A Midas? A hybrid?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Where do you suggest getting one on a budget? I’ve always liked them but i don't know where to get them.
If I'm going to be honest here, I don't know where a quality cheap one would come from. Others will have to chime in for that one. I don't know how much of a budget you have, but depending on your size of the tank, I've seen them for a couple hundred to a thousand + dollars.

If you are on a tight budget, you could do a classic black background stuck onto the back of the tank. If you have trouble putting that on there (like me, lol), you could paint the background black.

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
If I'm going to be honest here, I don't know where a quality cheap one would come from. Others will have to chime in for that one. I don't know how much of a budget you have, but depending on your size of the tank, I've seen them for a couple hundred to a thousand + dollars.

If you are on a tight budget, you could do a classic black background stuck onto the back of the tank. If you have trouble putting that on there (like me, lol), you could paint the background black.
Dang, i didn't know they were that much. Lol, yeah my background on my temporary tank right now looks horrible the way i put it on, ill just end up painting it Or investing into a 3D background if i can find one.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Dang, i didn't know they were that much. Lol, yeah my background on my temporary tank right now looks horrible the way i put it on, ill just end up painting it Or investing into a 3D background if i can find one.
You could also make a 3D background. Check out the YouTube channel TazawaTanks. The guy has a few videos on how to make one from scratch. He also has some great videos on other fish-related stuff.

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
You could also make a 3D background. Check out the YouTube channel TazawaTanks. The guy has a few videos on how to make one from scratch. He also has some great videos on other fish-related stuff.
I found one on amazon for $20, they look decent in the reviews i might have to buy 2 packs. Do you think this would be ok for the fish like it advertises? https://a.co/d/cyz1EsK

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I found one on amazon for $20, they look decent in the reviews i might have to buy 2 packs. Do you think this would be ok for the fish like it advertises? https://a.co/d/cyz1EsK
I don't know, I would ask one of the more experienced members here. I mean, if it were up to me, I would do a ton of research and then make a decision. I wouldn't make one right away.

Reactions: Zeon

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
I don't know, I would ask one of the more experienced members here. I mean, if it were up to me, I would do a ton of research and then make a decision. I wouldn't make one right away.
I ended up taking him back to my local fish store, they put him in a 75 gallon with some other parrot cichlids and other things, I saw a small green terror that was getting bullied extremely bad and they have had him for a month and by the looks of it nobody is interested in it. I wanted to try and pick him up to save him because at the rate he is being bullied he will be dead soon. I know 40g isn’t the best for it but it’s better than what it is now. I can’t tell if it’s a male or female do you have any clue? (It’s my recent post) and do you think I should get it?

edit: it might be a blue acara

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I ended up taking him back to my local fish store, they put him in a 75 gallon with some other parrot cichlids and other things, I saw a small green terror that was getting bullied extremely bad and they have had him for a month and by the looks of it nobody is interested in it. I wanted to try and pick him up to save him because at the rate he is being bullied he will be dead soon. I know 40g isn’t the best for it but it’s better than what it is now. I can’t tell if it’s a male or female do you have any clue? (It’s my recent post) and do you think I should get it?

edit: it might be a blue acara
I don't think it would be a good idea unless you had another tank for it. Here's the reason why: its new tankmates (your current stock) might not help the situation and might make it worse.

Reactions: Zeon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store