What is this? A blood parrot? A red devil? A Midas? A hybrid?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Reactions: tlindsey and Zeon

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
Ok, thank you for the information I was really worried he was a full red devil! Also how big do you think he will get? I’m getting a 40g or a 55g in about a month.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
If it's mixed with a true red devil it most likely will be aggressive.

Tbh you won't know until it's fully grown.
Start off with a 55gal or larger.
Like tlindsey@ said, get the largest tank you can afford. Though you will not know the full size of the fish until it is full-grown, I'm going to make the assumption based on the species that the hybrid could be anywhere from 6-16 inches.

Reactions: Zeon and tlindsey

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
It’s been about 2 weeks he’s been in my tank, so far he’s been aggressive but not chasing around aggressive, but I woke up to my rainbow shark with no head so I have no idea if he killed him. Do you think it is a male or female? I have a mating pair of a male yellow convict and a female normal convict and im trying to see if this orange one will mate with any other tank mates

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
I’ll probably end up giving him to my local pet store, he is to aggressive for my liking and going to get to big

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
That is probably for the best, Zeon@. Let us know if you need help finding a substitute (if you do get a replacement fish).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store