Search results

1. C

Barramundi - Seafood Market Rescue

He's looking amazing!
  2. C

Two Siamese giant carp, ~12", ~2 years old, in 4500 gal

Incredible footage - thanks to you and the owner for sharing!
  3. C

Barramundi - Seafood Market Rescue

Cool thread, saving fish from supermarkets might not be the best idea objectively or financially but I always found the idea intriguing. And Barras are definitely cool fish :)
  4. C

Largemouth bass @ Fish Story

Ha, good to know that even with the long list of species you've kept you make the same observation.. their greed is nothing short of ridiculous! When I had some they would eat thawed fish until they were unable to swallow more and one's tail would hang out their mouths.. which of course didn't...
  5. C

Who has the largest gar in a home aquarium?

That's a fatty :D
  6. C

For your viewing pleasure

Beautiful, that paddlefish tank is a dream. How big is it? Do you work for an aquarium?
  7. C

Wels catfish, albino, ~10"

With all due respect to the YouTube commenter I would classify that as purely anecdotal and not substantiated whatsoever. There's no biological reason for albinos to be more peaceful. Besides, if we're gonna use anecdotal evidence - when mine started fighting the albino would go at it at least...
  8. C

Welcome back!

Nice thread. I'm not surprised you have no significant ammonia/nitrite, as the bioload of 12 small tetras is pretty much non existent when not overfed. That being said, some kind of nitrates are obviously going to build up over time without any plants/algae. Why not keep the bristlenoses and...
  9. C

Wels (Silurus Glanis) Growout and Update thread

Quick update - I sold the albino and both Bass as I was on the brink of getting out of the hobby completely. Still have the normal morph, but as of yet I'm still unsure whether I will have the opportunity to keep caring for it next year as my personal situation is a bit complicated right now...
  10. C

Quite small still, approaching 30" now. It might be that it's in a big pond by itself and doesn't have other fish disturbing or intimidating it.
  11. C

Interestingly, mine isn't like this at all. Going through some algae issues in there and have a net in the pond quite a lot. The Wels doesn't seem to care and hasn't skipped a feeding, either.
  12. C

Alligator Gar Bite

That's gnarly but you came away lucky considering. I've seen some stingray stings that went a lot worse than that!
  13. C

Tig catfish, Brachyplatystoma tigrinum, ~15", in 4500 gal

Viktor, do you have an overview anywhere (either in Text or Video form) of the total amount and species of fish that were affected or even succumbed to the presumed thiamine deficiency? Would be very interesting to see.
  14. C

Five Fire Eels

That's one of the most awesome tanks I've seen on here, wow
  15. C

Mangrove Jack Growout

Red colour really starting to pop!
  16. C

270 ideas

I'd go mangrove jack
  17. C

Moving monsters

For a big powerful fish like a Pima you can't really get around sedation. I'd go with the smallest container that can fit the fish, sedate and blast with O2.
  18. C

What are you reading?

I'm reading Dracula and it's much better than I expected! Great book so far
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store