Search results

1. H

My cichlid tank is super dirty!

If you are using an under gravel filter, try removing a couple caps, or lift tubes at each plate. Then stick a hose in each hole and siphon out some of the debris. It may just be too much mulm under the plates and the debris is being pushed back into the tank. Also, I agree with the others it...
  2. H

Feeding baby Clown Trigger

Thank you. I will give them a try.
  3. H

Feeding baby Clown Trigger

I have a 3" Clown Trigger that turns his nose up to squid, krill, and silver sides. In frustration I threw in a Cichlid stick and he devoured it. That's all he'll eat. Is there enough nutrition, in the Cichlid sticks, to let him thrive? Thank You in advance, Halfduzndad
  4. H

Need a hand with plumbing.

I had a bigger bulkhead than hole issue when I upgraded my bulkheads ( schedule 40 to schedule 80). I placed a piece of PVC pipe through the hole that stuck out about half an inch. I used it to keep the glass drill bit centered while enlarging the hole slightly.
  5. H

Can anyone help identify my fish?

In the third picture from the top, the fish by the zucchini is a nimbochromus Venustus, formerly known as Haplochromus Venustus. The male gets a nice bluish sheen on his head when he is in breeding condition.
  6. H

Red slime algae help

Thank you all. I did forget to mention I have a skimmer,and it was producing a lot of skimate. I never thought that my test kit could be out of date, but now that you mention it, it very well could be. So my params may not have been as good as I thought. I did let the tank cycle with blue...
  7. H

Red slime algae help

Hi All, Does anyone know how to treat and prevent Red Slime algae? It spread through my new reef and killed everything. Fortunately it was new and only had 3 corals and 2 anemones. My live rock and substrate are blanketed with stuff. I increased the length and intensity of the light and it...
  8. H

Why did they stop!

Try feeding thinly sliced blanched Zucchini. It always seems to work like a charm for me.
  9. H

Help me ID this specimen please.

Yes, I believe it is a Heros Severus. I also agree that he looks fine. I used to keep the Lemon variety years ago. With feeding you can talk to 20 different people and get 20 different ways of feeding. Experiment with feeding. All though I stay away from live foods because of unseen...
  10. H

Hello all

After 20+ years of keeping community fish I'm starting to branch off into the big and mean fish. Not too big yet as I only have a 100gal aquarium available at this time. I'm interested in obtaining a tiger shovelnose catfish, or maybe go FOWLR with a clown trigger and a Harlequin tusk. Will...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store