Search results

1. jloos1988

Aussie lungfish article

Let me know what you think about my article on Australian lungfish: http://www.eoearth.org/article/Australian_lungfish?topic=49540. - J Loos
  2. jloos1988

Australian lungfish photos

Thank for all the support, but, the article is finished and I'm all set on pictures. Thanks again for the help and I'll post the article in the lungfish section once published.
  3. jloos1988

African coelacanth

Yeah, your right I never really thought about that, but they do look similar to hoplias malabaricus
  4. jloos1988

African coelacanth

Thanks bulldovii, I like the Parachromis dovii in your profile pic, one of my favorite Cichlids
  5. jloos1988

African coelacanth

Thanks Aquanero, I appreciate the comment and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  6. jloos1988

African coelacanth

No problem, thanks for reading it.
  7. jloos1988

African coelacanth

Yes, this clip comes from a documentary titled Dinofish on Nat Geo Wild, a really nice account of the story behind the coelacanth's discovery and clips of an expedition that took place in the Comoros Islands (seen in this clip).
  8. jloos1988

African coelacanth

What's up folks, Not an aquarium fish, but a monsterfish all the same, please check out my article on African coelacanths Latimeria chalumnae: http://www.eoearth.org/article/Coelacanth?topic=49540 in www.eoearth.org. Appreciate you, - Jeff Jloos1988@gmail.com Jloos2@emich.edu
  9. jloos1988

Australian lungfish photos

Hello all, I'm currently finishing an article on Australian lungfish Neoceratodus forsteri for the website www.eoearth.org and I'm looking for some really nice photos of Aussie lungfish to use for the article. Quality videos would also be nice as I like to use different forms of media for the...
  10. jloos1988

Northern pike article

Thanks Chicxulub. I like the ATF profile picture, those things are beasts.
  11. jloos1988

Northern pike article

Thanks alot. Yeah, I plan on writing an article on Great Whites (which the research was on in South Africa) in the future.
  12. jloos1988

Northern pike article

Hey, I really appreciate that and I'm glad you enjoyed it. My goal is for readers to be engaged and learn a couple things in the process.
  13. jloos1988

Northern pike article

What's up fish peeps? Just wanna share with you guys an article I wrote for www.eoearth.org, link is: http://www.eoearth.org/article/Northern_Pike?topic=49540 Lemme know what you guys think and please rate and share it if possible. Cheers, Jeffrey A. Loos Jloos1988@gmail.com Jloos2@emich.edu
  14. jloos1988

[HD] Sparkling Gourami (Trichopsis pumila) Fighting

beautiful unpaired fins on those, whats their species' range?
  15. jloos1988

FINALLY My 125G Native Tank!

catfish is the best
  16. jloos1988

What is this?

looks like a bowfin to me
  17. jloos1988

Identify These Natives (Plus New Pics)

1st pic - greenside because it has a blunt snout, W's on its side, and red/brown blotches on its side which is what identifies greensides. 2nd pic - this ones tough, it really looks like a lake chub to me but it looks like the fish you got has a sucker mouth so it couldnt be that. could be a...
  18. jloos1988

Feeding Fish in Winter

Yeah, fish still need to eat throughout winter. They just dont need as much as they're not as active and their metabolism slows down.
  19. jloos1988

Went Collecting Again (pic heavy)

awesome madtom dude, thanks for sharing the pictures I went on a sampling trip with a U of M professor a little while ago n we trawled n seined for fish n we got a couple northern madtoms, they were really nice looking fish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store