Search results

1. A

Seeking origin of Ammonia burn Hoax...

So any further suggestions of thinking people? :)
  2. A

Any suggestions left? :)
  3. A

If Keeping Fish Became illegal worldwide.....

Banning fishes would be the only way to save billions of fishes lives...I would support, but authorities can kiss my .... ;)
  4. A

Clarius MAX size in wild???

What Clarius exactly? They can differ in a wide range.... I assumme Clarius to be Clarias sp., isn´t it?
  5. A

My walking catfish

This really is a pity, they are great although they have not reached their full size but I can understand the need for controlling their invasive character :(
  6. A

It could depend on the consideration just like you said. But without any evidence it still is just a laymans metaphor leading to misunderstanding! For example: http://www.goldfishconnection.com/articles/details.php?articleId=143&parentId=12 The point about healing might be correct and can be...
  7. A

As we evaluated the stupidness of ammonia burns...I am still looking for the origin... No ideas? :)
  8. A

My walking catfish

Enjoy some feeding action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6HZlXKd0o0 :)
  9. A

Salt Safe?

Yes, but what for? This concentration is useless against any parasite... I recommend 1g/3-4 gal (10 L) just for nutritional purpose....
  10. A

German Scientists study new ich treatment alternative

That´s the point! Aquaculture is not comparable to hobbyfishkeeping at all. The Fishfarmer takes chemicals for a certain loss in his stock that economically is smaller than having done nothing at all. An Ornamental fish should be treaten very differently.
  11. A

Exactly! ANd those symptoms are the basis for the following death. IF Ammonia might burn the skin then the fish would already be dead.... ...and the darkening indicating a migration of macrophages appears some time later. That is why I am asking. :)
  12. A

My Florida gar, eating

So what? Find a girlfriend! :D
  13. A

Salt Safe?

You should define "Salt Treatment" ;)
  14. A

So you are a fan of Koivet-Kindergarten-Logic?! ;) http://www.koivet.com/html/glossary/glossary_results.php?glossary_id=13&search_term=ammonia%20burn All the others, you didn´t catch my point.... ...who affirms and who really proves?
  15. A

Dear Fishkeepers, please help me finding the source of that rumor that ammonia causes burns on the fishskin bringing out darkening. WHO originally said that, what ammonialevels is this "wise guy" talking about and where is any evidence...? e.g...
  16. A

German Scientists study new ich treatment alternative

:screwy: -> Flowing Water: An Effective Treatment for Ichthyophthiriasis Leo R. Bodensteiner, Robert J. Sheehan, Paul S. Wills, Alan...
  17. A

please i.d. Clarias

Great Fish! :) I think noone is able to id from here correctly just by pics but from a superficial sight it seems to be a batrachus, the white spots are normal and the growth-rate could be as well depending on temperature and feeding.... There are so many Clarias species simply looking alike...
  18. A

My walking catfish

Clarias batrachus grows up to nearly 40 cm and being in spawning mood they get quiet territorial. So I would suggest just to keep a pair in a tank of not less than 700L and about 2m length, that is what I have for example.... What shall be poisenous, I did not catch it?
  19. A

My walking catfish

Depends on how long you stick it down :D I just found some current pics of some of mine: [img=http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1566/clarias5qb4.th.jpg] :)
  20. A

My walking catfish

Great, a real Beauty :) What do you feed? I´ll come back with some new pics soon, too... :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store