Search results

1. B

should we do something about this or...

Hi to anyone following up on these fish. Here's the scoop as I can tell from being on the fore in collecting/importing of both species in question. The xanthic form of Cichlasoma as seen at the beginning of this post is a fish I originally imported from an Ecuador collection about 2 years ago...
  2. B

I'm Busted

Surely I have more fish and new photos to share. How about baseball bats and billy clubs (the juveniles) with teeth?! Hoplias aimara 3-4" 450.00 ea. rare Suriname import of the giant growing 'Aimara wolf' in manageable juvenile size " curupira 'Colombia' 5-5.5" 175.00 ea. Rio Inírida collected...
  3. B

I'm Busted

But not 'flat in Baton Rouge, heading for the trains'.. nor 'down on Bourbon Street, set up like a bowling pin'... Really, just for being a total active fish geek for >45 years and poking fun at myself in general. I think many of you can relate. Thanks for the sticker Brian :) I found this...
  4. B

Let's see if I remember how to do this ;)

more Myanmar and Thai fish market pics Hey! What do we pay for Polynemus?!
  5. B

These photos are shared both for fun as well as to remind we ornamental fish aficionados that first and foremost, so many of the fish we covet were and continue to be resourced for subsistence in their native regions. My wife and I traveled in Myanmar (mostly) and Thailand for 3 weeks. I won't...
  6. B

part lll skipping around the list a little before I finish up here Crenicichla marmorata 6-7" 175.00 ea. wild Santarem, Rio Tapajos collected 'Brazilian marbled pikes' Kronoheros umbriferus 3-3.5" 40.00 or 4 @ 35.00 ea. wild from Giradot on Rio Magdalena, Colombia - 'blue freckled umbies'...
  7. B

part ll Pangasius conchophilus 7-8" 150.00 ea. extremely rare import of lg growing Thai 'paroon shark' species w/ distinctive metallic bronze colored body- only 1 available Sperata acicularis 4" 75.00 ea. seldom imported, copper colored, lg growing 'Burmese shovelnose cat'...
  8. B

Sign in, create a thread and share photos. Where to start? I suppose most recent is easiest. Many of the really rare Brazil imports are still on hand. I'll copy/paste species entry from my web page stock list of a few examples. Crenicichla sp. 'cobra' 3-3.5" 200.00 ea. wild Pimental, Rio...
  9. B

Wild kelberi, rare plecos, 'rubrocellatus oscars' - cool Brazil stuff!

Part 2 The cactus plecos Pseudacanthicus leopardus L600 7" @ 250 ea. Ps. pirarara L025 5-5.5" @ 200 ea. Ps. pitango L024 5-6" @ 150 ea. Ps. L097 6-7" @ 125 ea. sunshine pleco L014 3-3.5" @ 125 and 4-4.5" @ 150 ea. Panaqolus claustellifer 'red zebra pleco' L306 2.5-3" @ 85 ea. These...
  10. B

Wild kelberi, rare plecos, 'rubrocellatus oscars' - cool Brazil stuff!

Hi MFKers I won't type too loudly this Monday after Super Bowl Sunday ;) Yes, great sized wild Rio Parana collected kelberi were received in top condition. Normally wild kelberi arrive pretty thin from Brazil. Not so these beauties! While the jumbo 9-10" individuals turned around very...
  11. B

Two species of Umbee ...

My favorite cichlid for the last 20+ years :) Actually, I believe there will be at least 3 species of umbies when all is said and done. The Panamanian one was the first described in 1913. So based on historical precedence, this fish would be known as K. umbrifera. I have recently collected this...
  12. B

Rare pikes & Geos, emperor cichlid, mbu, acaras +++

Pt 2 How cool are those orange finned Abramites?! Sorry I haven't a photo of the 4"+ emperor cichlids yet, but you get the picture.. On the same note, adult bocourti photo attached; juveniles currently available. Not much to see on stock juvenile red tiger mots, so...
  13. B

Rare pikes & Geos, emperor cichlid, mbu, acaras +++

F1 juveniles of G. winemilleri available now. As usual, adult photos give you a better perspective of what is to become of the little guys ;) Same here. G. sveni of 4" display only glimmer of what's to come later! Sorry haven't full adult pics in my photo library of R...
  14. B

bowfin, goonch, Geos, acaras, severums, parrots, plecos & more cats

So the first two names in this thread's title may get some folks' attention, but admittedly they are not species for everyone. Nevertheless, I do have Amia, Bagarius, and many, many, many other goodies in stock at this time. Hi all It's not possible to share my full stock list in a post as...
  15. B

TSNxLei, I think. Could it be P. corruscans?

Thanks for some folk's kind words ;) I have humbly and agreeably made the appropriate adjustment to redescribe the spotted shovelnose in question on my stock list. My apologies as I did not thoroughly research this particular fish included on most recent Brazil import. It is a fish bred...
  16. B

Vieja synspilA VS. Paratheraps synspilUM

A customer of mine directed me to this thread. Duane is spot on in his reply on pg 2. There are additional questions as to other points (synspila/synspilus/synspilum) that I will try to briefly comment on as well. It's true that the genus name to which a fish species is assigned may be more...
  17. B

Full house to start 2016: many plecos, ornatum, red pikes, Geos, dats+

Part Vl I have to stop after this! Baryancistrus beggini 2.5-3” @ 35.00 & 3.5-4” @ 50.00 ea. L239 ‘blue Panaque’ from Colombia; uniquely colored navy blue pleco “ subviridis 2” 35.00 L200 ‘green phantom pleco’ from Colombia; emerald...
  18. B

Part V (in case anyone is still following this thread and hasn't gotten completely bored of the stock ;) Aguarunichthys torosus 5-6” 150.00 awesome ‘bolt cats’ already displaying remarkable mature spotting & patterns Callichthys...
  19. B

Part lV Photo of adults immediately above included for reference. I have a small quantity of 5-6" sized wild stock on hand. Geophagus sveni 5-6” 150.00 or 2 @ 140.00 ea. wild Rio Araguaia adults; maybe most spectacular earth eater w/ longest streamers Gymnogeophagus cf...
  20. B

Part lll of this TUIC thread saga. The ornatum photos are of current stock. The juvenile atromaculatum is of current stock. The adult female and male photos are included for reference so you may see how beautiful this species can be at maturity. Mesoheros atromaculatum...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store