Search results

1. klmt

My "True" GREEN TERRORS (Andinoacara Stalsbergi)

Congrats on the successful spawn, great looking pair.
  2. klmt

Identify your North American Native Fish

Looks 100% Green Sunfish to me as well. Just washed out in color. Never try and identify fish using color, it can be very deceiving.
  3. klmt

Not my picture, and no it is not a top minnow.
  4. klmt

Pacific Staghorn Sculpin Leptocottus armatus?
  5. klmt

German or electric blue ram?

It may be the poor quality pictures, but it appears that you have a Bolivian Ram, not a normal German Blue Ram along with your Electric Blue Ram (a color morph of a German Blue Ram) and a Short body, or Balloon Electric Blue Ram (German Blue Ram with the electric blue color morph and selectively...
  6. klmt

Minnow ID?

My immediate thought was Green Sunfish, Lepomis cyanellus, but it's difficult to say for sure without clearer pictures.
  7. klmt

Mikrogeophagus altispinosus breeding

It has been three or more months since last spawning event, I'm just wondering if there are any specific triggers that I may try that have worked for others. Time I have, patience not so much. Thanks for your reply!
  8. klmt

Mikrogeophagus altispinosus breeding

I have a pair of mature Bolivian Rams living in a planted 29 gallon peaceful community setup and I cannot get them to spawn. This pair has spawned successfully one time in the past raising the young for a few weeks until they were all eventually picked off by tank mates. However, since this...
  9. klmt

New nic and convict pics

It has been quite some time since I last posted here so I thought I'd share my new nic (4") and male convict about the same size. I've had many large convicts over the years as they are one of my favorites, but I can't say I've ever had one with dorsal and anal filaments as dramatic as this guy...
  10. klmt

Winterizing new pond

So last fall, on a whim I put in a small pond after seeing a 300gal. rubbermaid pond liner in a Habitat for Humanity Restore for $39 dollars. I put the pond into the ground, bought a 1,600gph pump, made a cascading waterfall type thing to recirculate the water, and added some cattails. I threw...
  11. klmt

just because

What do you feed them?
  12. klmt

Any ideas for a 55 stream tank?

golden shiners wil get too large. go with option 1
  13. klmt

Ideas for a 55 gallon native tank.

Ok Im reading this after my first post. Seeing now what you have in your area Id try to stay away from golden shiners (size reasons), but 2 schools of 6 of the other species would be cool. Id stay away from the creek chubs as well in a 55. As for the darters, any of them would be cool (even the...
  14. klmt

Any ideas for a 55 stream tank?

I think you could do two different schools of "shiners" depending on what species they actually are. I also think 6 darters could be fit in a 55 as long as there are enough rocks and hiding places for them all to set up their own territories. Some darters can be pretty territorial in my...
  15. klmt

Fish Feeding - 220 Gallon Cichlid Community

Love to see big dempsey and sun cats like that, nice stock.
  16. klmt

What to stock in a 125 with RTM

I kind of figured nothing would live with a pair other than possibly some dithers. So I guess what would be good stocking choices for a single RTM
  17. klmt

What to stock in a 125 with RTM

Looking to get a 125, and I've been thinking about a setup. I'm looking into central/south american cichlids with a Red tiger motaguense pair, or singular as the main piece. What other fish would be good options to fill up the tank in a single and paired RTM tank? I'm thinking of a natural...
  18. klmt

Trout

Its called trout in the classroom, through Trout Unlimited. The fry are only raised for a short period of time before they are released. The 29 gallons with the trout have chillers hooked up to them also. More information can be found here. http://www.troutintheclassroom.org
  19. klmt

Northern Snakeheads Found in Delaware Pond

You should either tell your neighbors to keep their cat inside or ask them to pay for the pond cover because that is just ridiculous. I am a big advocate for indoor cats. Outdoor cats have done arguably more damage to native wildlife than any other invasive.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store