Search results

1. A

Pike Top Minnows

2. A

Pike Top Minnows

We need a LIVEBEARER section here at MFK Even for only this one fish as it truley deserves its place on MFK. Females Grow up to 7" Long males 4"; Scientific name Belonesox belizanus Do some research if your looking for a predator type fish but do not have the tank to house...
  3. A

HAPPY BIRTHDAY : MONSTERFISHKEEPERS.COM : 1 Year Old

Congrats one 1 year.
  4. A

plants/nitrate

Look into getting Najas Grass, it sucks up nutrients like crazy, can float or be planted and it doesnt mind getting ripped up by plecos.
  5. A

Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

arapaimag> How far away from Ottawa are you ? have you ever had an Aquarium Society see your setup ?
  6. A

Welcome to the NEXT level....

Interesting. Can't wait.
  7. A

$1500 Midas?

I think the Knupital hump is gross... it looks like a tumor. I never understood the logic behind the high prices on those guys
  8. A

oscars 'n aros

I have a VERY aggressive oscar that lives in harmony with an arrowana, both are 10", the oscar was 10" when the arrow was 3" and they live fine. It is a 125 gallon aquarium. I wouldnt worry.
  9. A

Anyone keeping suncats?

They are actually the same fish. Just 6-8months older. The fish is strictly a scavenger, he lives in a tank with a large oscar and an arrowana so he gets lots of scrapes. He does not even try to compete with eating with the oscar, however the oscar is very messy so he does quite well...
  10. A

Anyone keeping suncats?

Here are some pictures of before and after of my sun cat
  11. A

Anyone keeping suncats?

I will add something here, I have a suncat that I have had for a year and it is about 4" long. It isnt very large at all, I would say they are rather slow growing if anything. The fish is in a 125 gallon tank and gets 2x water changes a week so he is not stunted.
  12. A

January 2006 Photo Of The Month Voting - LOAD WARNING 40 PIX

what type of fish is in with the moroto ray in pic 18 ? It looks like a giant zebra pleco
  13. A

anyone here from canada?

Hey Garnpet ! Petawawa ! 2 hours from the nations capital; Silver arrowana.
  14. A

Who do Canadians make fun of?

I am in the Canadian military so I have friends from all over canada. I find Quebec takes the blunt of the jokes, Newfoundland is another one. If your from BC your a pot smoker haha, its all jokes of course.
  15. A

Arowana pricing

Where in canada do you live ? maybe I can help
  16. A

Neat Pic

Would make a nice background; I really like that picture aswell.. its different.
  17. A

Free Astronotus sp. "Venezuela"

Question: what does sp. mean when you do a scientific name? does it mean that you are unaware of the spelling? or does it mean something else, ive always been curious.
  18. A

8,000 sturgeon released into Black River

Did you miss the fact that they get to 7' and 200 lbs ?
  19. A

Pics&Video of Beautiful 100,000g native tank.

I live in ontario, where is this tank ?
  20. A

Best Magazine

I second redtailfool; I am a subscriber to TFH and Aquarium Fish magazines and they are both great, TFH has alot more content and I think it geared to more experianced users. I find Aquarium fish to be good, but they like to cater to a newer audience.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store