Search results

1. C

250gal potential problem

I have found that a UV sterilizer can help control the spread of ich in the tank. It also makes the water clearer.
  2. C

Bearde Dragon HELP

I also have three beardies and can only find parsley to feed them as I live in a small town. I have read that lettuce doesn't do much for Beardies as it is mostly water and doesn't have much food value. I also feed carrots dusted with calcium powder and sometimes vitamins. I also feed...
  3. C

what is up with my female...

As long as the water parameters are good and she's eating well, I don't think you have to worry. Does she climb the glass? If so, you can check her belly more closely.
  4. C

Rescued a Arowana

Good save! Your tank looks nice as well!
  5. C

Need tips on moving rays

I never thought of using a bucket for larger rays. Good idea! I have been using a 1 gallon ice cream pail to capture any newborn rays instead of netting them. It certainly is less stressful.
  6. C

Sting ray experts come on in. :)

I use a Rena Smart heater in my tank attached to the intake tube of a XP3. It won't burn the ray and is unbreakable. It has been working reliably now for a couple of years and even has a flashing light if the temp goes out of range (too high or low). I also have a second heater in my sump. I...
  7. C

Sting ray experts come on in. :)

I would up the water changes to twice a week at 30%. And you could try getting her to eat small pieces of market shrimp. That's what my rays mostly eat. If you stick to night crawlers she may get addicted to them and not want to eat anything else.
  8. C

Cichla with personality?

My Pbass stop chasing each other when I wag my finger at them as well. I guess they forget what they are doing when I butt in. I am still a little bigger than they are, so I guess I'm still the alpha.
  9. C

soon to be, New Stingray owner, questions

Wow, a 1000g tank! Please post pics of that truly monster tank when you get it!
  10. C

Apart from the ethical question, I don't think it is possible to regulate the growth of a ray. They either eat well and grow fast or they starve and die. They have a fast metabolic rate. And personally, I would never do this as it is cruel and completely against why I keep pets in the first...
  11. C

My rays are in a 270g and a 320g. They are motoro rays and the largest is 24" wide after a few years (started at 8"). Both tanks are 6' x 3' and i am wondering if they will be wide enough for the rays after a few more years. I have no room for a pond, which would much better suit them. I...
  12. C

Asian arowana - Price guilde?

The green and reds prices were for a couple of years ago. The prices have dropped a bit lately but they are still high here in no man's land, Manitoba.
  13. C

Asian arowana - Price guilde?

I just bought today (yeah!) a merlion blue base premium crossback for $2200 cdn. The fish is about 7". My super red cost $1200 cdn when she was about 6" and my green cost me $300 for about the same size. I am so broke .... but happy!
  14. C

Just got some leo rays but....."HELP!!"

It sucks to think that you got scammed but if the rays end up being healthy in the long run you will have some very nice rays. I would chock it up to experience and enjoy them as is (unless you were planning on breeding them as pure leos).
  15. C

Just got some leo rays but....."HELP!!"

They still look nice to me. Good luck with them.
  16. C

area or volume what fish would have more room

A larger surface area means more oxygen can get into the water. As long as the tank isn't too narrow for the fish to turn around, I would go with the longer tank with more surface area.
  17. C

Giant Male Marble Rescued and TLC'd

Well done! That is a beautiful ray and he is lucky that you are his new owner.
  18. C

Big Bertha

She is a monster! How did they get her out of the tank? Using a bag or a really big net?
  19. C

severum not eating flakes or pellets

One of my Rotkeils eats market shrimp and super worms (along with his tankmates of aro, rays, tinfoil barbs). He also eats the occasional pellet. The other Rotkeil is in a planted tank and doesn't seem to eat as much. He only seems to eat bloodworms so he probably is also nibbling on plants...
  20. C

advice needed for 600 gallon beginner

My in sump protein skimmer is larger than my hang on skimmer. Both are AquaC Skimmers. If it is your sump, you don't have to worry about it ever overflowing. My in sump skimmer is for the 200g tank and the hang on skimmer is for the 130g tank. Both are mainly FOWLR with a few hardy corals...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store