Sting ray experts come on in. :)

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
I would up the water changes to twice a week at 30%. And you could try getting her to eat small pieces of market shrimp. That's what my rays mostly eat. If you stick to night crawlers she may get addicted to them and not want to eat anything else.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
i will leave food in the take for a few hrs .. if its not gone in a few hrs i take it out .. that has yet to happen .. one of my rays does not eat really fast .. she kind of takes her time .. eats a few .. swims around eats some more . she does that for a little while ..

sbrodacz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2009
Illinois
Sounds perfect. Like everyone else as mentioned, take out an uneaten food as it will eventually foul the tank.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Gr8KarmaSF;3934700; said:
I would add an extra backup heater just in case. All my tanks have two heaters....
GRRR!!! - I jinxed myself and one of my rays got spooked and just broke one of my heaters!!!!

Its gonna be a long day, there goes my Sunday! :nutkick:

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
what's the pH of the water right out of your tap? I know a lot of ray keepers on this forum keep their rays in varying pH, the main focus being stability of the water (i.e. keeping the pH stable). I wouldn't fool around with a lot of chemicals. Rays will adapt to many pH levels.

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
The water out of my tap is around 7.0. I don't do anything to it and my rays don't seem to mind. I'm sure others can chime in about what pH they keep their rays in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store