Search results

1. G

523 gallon plywood build (pic heavy)

Awesome build looks great
  2. G

Connecting 2 tanks

Putting a center brace in would be very important. Glass thickness is determined by height and unsupported length.you could make a tank 50ft long using 1/4" glass as long as you didnt go over the same height and length spans you have on your 55gallon I would be more concerned with the flex in...
  3. G

4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Pete keep up your spirits I knowyou will finish this. Life changes and therefore changes what is most important at the time.I have a couple projects that I want to complete but I have a wedding to plan and get through first.I still intend to finish them but they are not top priority like they...
  4. G

My new 2600 gallon plywood tank project

Wow I just re read the entire thread as I have been way to busy at work for the last several months that I haven't been on here. This is yet another awesome build and sharing what you have learned is awesome for the rest of us. Thanks and I can't wait to see the entire project finished.
  5. G

DIY stand...2x4 or 4x4?

Lmao I never even noticed the date until after I posted this reply sorry for re raising the dead
  6. G

DIY stand...2x4 or 4x4?

I personally wouldn't build a stand like this. All the load is being carried by the screws not the 4x4s. My 250 is on a 2x4 stand but the weight applied to the horizontal boards is transferred down to the vertices directly the screws hold it together but the aren't there to carry the weight...
  7. G

stand that doubles as a dresser

Nice idea keep posted
  8. G

Keep going Pete I'm still here waiting to see the success
  9. G

fx5 hose diameter

Hey guys I know this should be an easy question but I am having alot of difficulty finding out what the hose diameter for an fx5. I have one on order and I would like to be ready to have it setup when it arrives. I will be drilling my tank so I will need to order a bit also and I have no idea...
  10. G

I was told to post in the "Introductions" forum. Is this it?

welcome to MFK look around and enjoy the massive collection of knowledge and experience that you will find here.
  11. G

where to find a good deal on a Fluval FX5

I got my FX5 on route. my Girlfriend decided to surprise me and while I was in the middle of ordering it she bought it for me. she hijacked me by tricking me into helping her get supper ready and snuck onto the computer and finished my order. hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I...
  12. G

hey pete Just thought I would say Hi Happy new year and I sure hope this go around fixes the issues. I don't get on here as much as I'd like anymore but first place \I come when I do is to see your build. I know you will succeed its just fighting through the hurdles. I hope you can get it...
  13. G

where to find a good deal on a Fluval FX5

Hey Guys I know this is a simple Question but to me its an important one. Why is it so important? well my 250G tank is in the garage at the moment and I am running a 75 Gallon sump in it. it is really noisy and that is why it is out there, but i want to move it into the basement to sit beside...
  14. G

My new 2600 gallon plywood tank project

well VL the talk is looking great. I haven't posted on your thread as each time I got on here I never made it all the way to the end. I sure hope for your sake that the windows where the issue. I know how frusterating it can be to get into a build and then have major issues. I have a 350...
  15. G

Hey Pete its been a while since I have been on MFK and as soon as I came on I came strait to your thread. your build is awesome and I get frusterated every time you say you have another leak so I can just imagine the frusteration you must feel. I have to say. Congrats on the Engagement...
  16. G

Tank inside a tank

should be fine. as long as the netting is clean you won't have any issues.
  17. G

I can't imagine what your going through having a leak and it being right in your main living area to remind you every day that its not filled. I would be pulling my hair out bigtime
  18. G

I am thinking your leak will always appear to be at the bottom. you sheeted the interior with plywood inside tat beastly frame. any leak at any level would appear to be coming from the bottom as the water would just run down the backside of the plywood. did you overlap the PC over the acrylic...
  19. G

nice!!! good to here the low leak was a false alarm. can't wait to see it filling up a bit more. :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store