Search results

1. Noddy

Just Registered

Hey, Jamie! Good to see you here too. Please could you sent me your E mail adress, since you have gone missing on OFL! I wonder what happened and want to keep in touch! Please PM me, for i seem to have lost your email adress! greetz, Noddy
  2. Noddy

Pepper the RTC Progression Thread :) <3

Aha, so here you do your RTC things..... That figures... But compliments anywayz, very cool fish and what an appetite! And of course I'm fr@#king jealous of your cat, but that goes without saying. Thanx for the link, i just knew i was missing something! See you around in Oscarland.;)
  3. Noddy

Rescued Oscar need some help

try to keep nitrates as low as possible, but 20 should be good enough to get your fish to recover! There will still be some scars, though. But i,ve seen far worst cases, that healed in time, given pristine waterconditions and a healthy varied diet. btw lovely fish, and except for the HITH he...
  4. Noddy

Oscar Suicide

No, but knocked himself out hard enough after being spooked at night by a Vieja to float unconciously for several minutes, and i though he was a goner... But he regained conciousness and darted around senseless for some more minutes, but healed up allright after some weeks. The bully was...
  5. Noddy

Biggest Oscar? Who has it?

My biggest is 11" at the moment at 2 years old, but the biggest i've seen was 2 weeks ago. I went to visit Veldthuis Aquariums Builders in Enschede, the Netherlands and found a tank with some RTC, Pacus and this monster: I didn't have a ruler, and i was so stupid to forget to place something...
  6. Noddy

High PH and Oscar questions

1:Possibly any rocks ,substrate or decoration can be the cause 2:Imo i'd get the bigger tank first,cycle it and then add the oscar, just to make sure nothing happens in the meantime, that would delay the upgrade,and thus cause trouble for your baby o. 3:a tank that small will need a religious...
  7. Noddy

Oscar with HLLE. Saveable?

Yes, but as long as a link between carbon and HITH is suspected, it's better to be safe that sorry. imo it's better to not use carbon...
  8. Noddy

oscars

Mine loves the fake plants too, allthough they have to be in the exact spot she wants them to be.lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeAKcWDo-n8
  9. Noddy

Tips on getting a compatible Oscar/JD in my new 90

going for first bite,imo. That meant a healthy and active fish in my case, that was willing to do anything to grow fast!
  10. Noddy

Oscar Tank Size?

x2, minimum tanksize means maximum maintenance...
  11. Noddy

Vieja's Questions....?

I had a Synspillum and it was the most aggressive fish i ever owned. It was rehomed after she had my oscar knock himself out and severely damaged, nipped my SD's and fought my Plecos over their Zuchinni... Strange thing was that the only fish that wasn't bothered by her, was my Florida gar. So...
  12. Noddy

Astronotus Cassiprinnis f0

funny, i saw Modest-man's answer quoted on OFL, so i guess you got your answer allright!
  13. Noddy

About an hour ago my Oscar snapped

Oscars can go berserk on tankmates, just because they can. I had smaller tankmates, like swordtails, that survived my wellfed oscar, only to get killed once the oscar was fed up with them. he only killed, and left them floating...
  14. Noddy

one finned catfish

hey, Matt, some different story over here... nice to meet the same people, eh!
  15. Noddy

Viejas in a 120g

and my biast opinion , due to past expierience, is that you better watch out for vieja's aggressive behaviour. As i stated in another thread just now, the vieja was the meanest fish i ever owned and the only fish i ever had to rehome due to never ceasing aggression issues. Hope you have more...
  16. Noddy

need info on Vieja synspila

i had one female at 10" in my 180Gl and it was the meanest fish i ever owned. She fought my foot long pleco for the zuchinni, bit my silver dollars and bullied my oscar, until the oscar was knocked out cold and got hurt very badly. the vieja was rehomed, for her behaviour really got me very...
  17. Noddy

Oscar moving to 90g....add partner?

aggreed on the need for a bigger tank if you want to get another oscar. And even if you got a bigger tank, you will still have the risk of aggression, when you add onother oscar. the fin shape theory does not work on oscars and you'd still be guessing if it's a male or female. Even if you knew...
  18. Noddy

Introduced a new oscar to my tank

how long were they together before the change in behaviour, anoop?
  19. Noddy

GREEN SPOTTED PUFFERS HANDFEEDING&JUMPING

thanx, Liz! they have great personalities allready and i love them more everyday!lol
  20. Noddy

Introduced a new oscar to my tank

this is how mine behaved, after i introduced the Tiger into the Red oscars territory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvekHcolXE but things settled down and they never leave eachothers side nowadays. there was never any real damage, though.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store