Search results

1. B

My 4 plecos

Hey all, it's been a couple years since I browsed these forums. Got bored today and took a few pics of my plecos, here ya go! Not much has changed, all 4 plecos and 11 silver dollars still live :) (5 red hooks and 6 common). Each picture was taken using the flash, wish I could get decent pics...
  2. B

My 4 plecos

Thanks guys!
  3. B

My 4 plecos

Ok I think I figured out how to embed the pictures. I think they were all taken with the flash on (hard to get pics of them otherwise). edit: Go to my previous post to see the youtube videos.
  4. B

My Psueda

Wow, it's sure a beauty Wingate! I hope mine makes it to monster status someday. Great pictures.
  5. B

My 4 plecos

Hey everyone. It's been about a year since I posted any updates. I kind of disappeared after my EBJDs died last year. But anyway, heres a bunch of pleco updates, enjoy! EDIT: Ok, I must be rusty. I can't seem to figure out how to embed youtube vids or flickr pics. Heres the links at...
  6. B

My 4 plecos

Well no its not that active :p that was one of the only times ive seen him leave underneath that rock to feed. Almost always stays hidden. I think he's eating Ken's Earthworm Sticks in those videos. It's possible he had been underfed prior to that ;) so was probably more willing to come out...
  7. B

My 4 plecos

72"L x 18"W x 22"H Thanks Penguin :D 10/10/09. L-114 <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KaXHQdOUYdI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed...
  8. B

Feeding market shrimp to plecos

You could just reduce the amount you're putting in. Maybe try feeding 1/3 of a market shrimp, might not be leftovers then.
  9. B

My 4 plecos

Ahh sorry for the late reply, haven't been very active on MFK the last couple months. Thought I had replied to this already :grinno: The plecos seem to be doing good. I'll try to get some updates posted this weekend if I'm thinking about it when I'm home. I don't have any pics/vids on hand to...
  10. B

125 stocking suggestions? geos? or already full?

Wellllll I didn't go with anything :grinno: Haven't given it much thought lately. I've just been busy and for now am satisfied with how the tank is doing. edit: I do like the suggestions though, still might do one of them, but not anytime soon. Other things are taking priority right now...
  11. B

Tripping out on Silver Dollars

All but one. It was 8 common SDs about 2" each. I didn't have any API salt to treat the tank with at the time so I just treated with raised temp (about 85-86 for a couple weeks) and Rid-Ich. It seemed to work pretty well, they recovered fairly quickly, but one was dead when I got home from...
  12. B

My common silver dollars broke out in ich pretty bad about 24-48 hours after I brought them home in late February.
  13. B

My new pick up L-14 Goldie/Sunshine Pleco

Nice L-14 Zero, glad to see you ended up going w/ one of snookns! Quality plecos...i'll have to post updates of my L-14 + others soon (all purchased from snookn)
  14. B

I wouldn't worry too much. I noticed the same thing on my dollars a couple months ago, pretty sure its just damaged scales/minor injury from spooking and running into something.
  15. B

I was afraid of that. Ok thanks, still not sure what I'm going to do though (if anything). Will keep yall posted!
  16. B

Ok guys thanks for the input, lots of good ideas. Part of me wants to get an eel, but if I got an eel, the species I'd want is a fire eel. But as far as I know, they can get up to 3+ feet? That doesn't sound so good in my 18" wide tank. A Peacock Eel would fit better (max size 8-12" I...
  17. B

Anymore suggestions? Oh yeah the substrate is a fine gravel, another reason I don't think a freshwater eel would be a great fit.
  18. B

Well setting up another tank isn't an option...someday though :D Thanks abarilot. Haven't really considering a non-cichlid but I'm open to suggestions. Though, a BGK gets bigger than I want. I think a fire eel would be cool, but I'm not sure if they are aggressive enough of eaters to compete...
  19. B

Thanks for the suggestions everyone (and the compliments). The thing is I don't want to remove any of the current stock, so maybe geos just aren't a good fit for this setup. But I don't want my 3.5" EBJD to be the only cichlid, so what are some other options? I've considered a green terror...
  20. B

So I'd be overstocked if I added the 5 geos without taking out the common SDs?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store