Search results

1. P

Injury on Bichir

Thank you for the response will do
  2. P

Injury on Bichir

Hey Everyone, just had a question regarding one of my bichirs. All of my water parameters are in check and temperature of the tank is at 79 degrees. I have 6 sub adult angelfish and a sub adult severum with my 4 bichirs. The bichirs are all around 7 inches, I notice this mark on my Senegal...
  3. P

750 gallon new tank

Awesome project you have going, do you have pictures of your current set ups from fishtankdirect? Price wise they seem to be the best option for me as well, when ever I decide to pull the trigger on getting a monster sized tank.
  4. P

Filtration for a 125

I have used Hang Ons, Canister filters and sumps...I would always do sump for my main display tank. Maintenance on them is so easy, and can hold way more media than any canister filter.
  5. P

Bichir Got Caught In Water Change Hose

Thank you again everyone for all your responses, he has gotten much better. Actively eatting and cruising around..however something very strange happened. I have another Bichir in the tank, my senegal. I bought them together, and they been living together for months. Today suddenly he died...
  6. P

Thank you for your response I will look into it
  7. P

yeah I have heard mixed reviews on it as well. So far he is definitely more responsive, moving a lot better and eating even more. Here is a picture, so far doesn’t look like any fish is picking on him, I’m debating on setting up the quarantine tank, but will see if he continues to recover.
  8. P

Thank you for the advice everyone, today defiantly has a better feeding response. He ate some pellets, moving around the tank a lot better than yesterday. One of his front fine is still red and torn up, but still on the move. I’m wondering if I should buy melafix/pimafix to help him out..or just...
  9. P

Ok great thank you, weird I tho it aquarium salt was safe for loaches, guess I read that wrong somewhere, good thing I didn’t add. So far he is still a live, just not active at all, but he is able to hold bottom with all control.
  10. P

Hello Everyone, I was doing a water change yesterday and somehow my Delhizi ended up stuck in the tube. Eventually I was able to get him out, but I thought he was a goner since I don’t know how long he was caught in there. When he was first removed his entire head was a blood red and his front...
  11. P

Quarantine Question: Adding Fish To Main Tank Drip Necessary?

Thank you everyone, going to just plop and drop... figured that would be the least stressful way. Thank you kevin I read the article and it provided great info, however with my fish already in quarantine for more than a month and been doing water changes with main tank water do you think I...
  12. P

Quarantine Question: Adding Fish To Main Tank Drip Necessary?

Hey Everyone, I have a group of neon tetras that are nearing their end of quarantine process. I have the temperature of the main and the QT the same as well as have been doing large water changes using the main tank water. Would I be able to simply just scoop the fish up in a net and simply just...
  13. P

Stingray Barb Growth Question

Ok perfect thank you!
  14. P

Stingray Barb Growth Question

Hey Everyone, just wanted to ask when a ray has multiple barbs on them how do you know which one is the new abrb and which is the old barb about to drop off? I personally have never owned a ray so Im unsure. I go fishing a lot and sometimes see rays with multiple barbs. I think its the bottom...
  15. P

Want to Buy  Blue Eye Lemon Bushynose Pleco Pair

Hey Everyone, looking to see if there is a Blue Eye Lemon pair available
  16. P

Cycling and PH

Hey Everyone, just wanted to ask. I notice my nitrite is at 0, by my ammonia still reads some green. Is that normal during cycling? I thought ammonia would go completely 0 before nitrite.
  17. P

Happy New Year. My Clown Loaches are now 29 years of age.

Incredible that you have had them for so long, what temperature do you keep them at? Since I see temp for them is all over the place
  18. P

Cycling and PH

Thank you I appreciate your responses, good to know that the driftwood shouldn't be effecting my PH and its just the cycling process with ammonia. Going on vacation for a week soon, so im debating of maybe adding some drops of ammonia to the tank before I leave just so something for the bacteria...
  19. P

Cycling and PH

Thank you everyone for the responses, so I will continue adding Neutral Regulator, I was worried the constant PH swings would be an issue for growing bacteria. Didn't realize ammonia would bring down the PH that much, figured it was pretty much solely on the drift wood I have in the tank...
  20. P

Cycling and PH

Kind of hard to tell. The tubes in the first picture is my Aquarium PH vs Tap Water PH left for a few days and in the next picture it’s my Tap water PH left for a few days vs fresh out of the tap. I plan on keeping Angelfish, some kind of dither fish, possibly some kind of loaches as well as...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store