Search results

1. D

Two of my cichlid tanks: 45 & 40B LOTS of PICS

Yep! If you ever decide to do something similar take like 15min breaks in between every couple of rocks it takes longer but hey you won't ruin your lungs/irritate eyes and it's easier to work if they're partially cured before you start the next round. I filled in the gaps with dark gravel + sand...
  2. D

Thx! That tank took 6 tubes of silicone and a heck of a lot of slate!! And about a week to piece all of it together.
  3. D

Just some pix, what do you think? :D
  4. D

Anyone use this place before?

Yep and they're packing is awesome and the shipping is FAST! Ordered fish on day 1, day 2 they were at the door, NEVER had that happen with any other place. The fish I bought is are the best looking one in my collection, here's the dom. male:
  5. D

Demasoni from Charlie Grimes' pond

Specs on the pond?? Is it outside or indoors? Any pix? :D I'm curious now! A pond for some of my cichlids would be awesome.
  6. D

Finally my quest is over!!! (kinda)

I've been looking for Cynotilapia afra "cobue" for MONTHS!! Look what arrived in the mail this morning :popcorn: All 6 are healthy and eating (sparingly) and one was colored up real nice in the bag but changed to solid in my tank??? I think I have to switch the substrate color to a light shade...
  7. D

Using tap water with E. coli for tanks

That's...kinda scary lol. :WHOA:
  8. D

The next fad in fish-keeping?

Can that be considered animal abuse...? :shakehead
  9. D

I just used an Ammonia Test Kit from 1985

AND IT WAS ACCURATE! Compared the reading to my 2013 ammonia kit and it was within the same parameters so....do we really need to replace them every year or so??
  10. D

Craigslist deal of the year or my new nightmare?

That is going to look phenomenal after it's filled with water and aquascaped.
  11. D

New pickups!

Melanochromis chipokae :D I think I got 2 females and 1 male...in which case I'll be going back next week for more females so he doesn't beat anyone up!
  12. D

Dead fire eel pictures

I'm gonna bump this because my baby tiretrack eel recently died at 4" suddenly...was laying on his side breathing heavy for two days before passing no marks or anything on the outside. Decided to do a necropsy and everything looked a lot 'cleaner' than the pix, no fat deposits or anything but I...
  13. D

My cichlids - L. intermedius, fusco, P. nyeri fry, and a couple extras

I think he likes the new tank because he's coloring up CRAZY fast!!
  14. D

What fish intimidates you the most? That you've owned

A pair of tomato clowns :screwy:
  15. D

Thanks! he's really really brightening up! Getting so orange, can't wait to see him a few weeks from now..will be posting updates on the little ones also, hope I get a pair but so far I only think the biggest one is a female. New pickup today! Electric blue ahli :D
  16. D

Took some pix of the cichlid ensemble, so far a 29g and a 45, most probably aren't permanent residents and will be upgraded as they grow (lol especially the fuscos ;)) But so far everyone is good and no extreme aggresssion...the intermedius is really coming into his colors at about 3 1/2" right...
  17. D

New Rockscape.

That looks awesome! How do you support the rocks so they don't crack the tank or something? That's the only thing keeping me from putting boulders in my cichlid tanks lol
  18. D

Your worst mistake?

Not explaining properly what a valve in the basement was for...didn't expect mom to do yardwork with the hose so early in the year so since it's on the same circuit she accidentally tripped the valve on the garden hose that was over the koi pool starting a waterchange while I was away for 2...
  19. D

sock tank blew out

I'm on a koi forum and tons of people use those and have never heard of that happening before so...I'd buy a new one. Worried it wouldn't hold up over time.
  20. D

Finally took advantage of the Dollar per Gallon Sale!

Went to Petco today and came home with a new 40B & 29g, planning on going back for a 5 and a 20 before the 21st of this month when it ends! So if anyone needs a tank it's going on right now :D This is my first $1 sale and it is so nice to pay less than 100 bucks for a 40 :drool: Both are...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store