Search results

1. manlyfish

South American tankmate suggestions

Never have I implied that I have all the knowledge. As previously stated, I am asking for suggestions. I took the suggestion seriously and looked up the fish. I don't feel comfortable keeping a schooling fish by itself. Why ask? Because I like suggestions. I am free to not pursue every suggestion.
  2. manlyfish

They appear to be too skittish and finicky. Not really what I'm going for
  3. manlyfish

I searched every local fish store and several not so local ones and have yet to find any hoplosternum cats. I was at Petco the other day, and they had a sale on black skirt tetras so I introduced five more. It still feels sort of empty and my green terror is still rather shy, but I have to...
  4. manlyfish

I think his mouth might be too small to eat the Tetras. I've never had more than 2 so they've never harmed any. Thank you, I'll research those barbs. So far I plan on adding one or two Hoplo Catfish. Would corydoras survive? That is an intersting theory by the way and from my experience there...
  5. manlyfish

I had a large school of guppies, but they started dissapearing so I moved the survivors to a smaller tank. For some reason he has ignored the black tetras so trying more would be a good idea. As for minding the Terror's aggression, will he tolerate other non-cichlid fish like bichirs? I know it...
  6. manlyfish

After doing some research, it appears that they are notorious fin nippers. I think I will avoid them considering my terrors finnage; however, I appreciate the suggestion.
  7. manlyfish

Thank you. So that rules out severums, eartheaters, and Oscars, and I agree. I do find Hoplos appealing. My green terror seems fairly mild tempered. Any suggestions for the addition of something other than a cichlid or catfish?
  8. manlyfish

Hello mfk community, I come back from an extended break with questions. I am currently running a 75 Gallon South American tank with two canisters. So far the stocking is as follows: (1) Male Green Terror (orange stripe) (2) Rapheal Catfish (1) Albino Bristlenose Pleco (2) Black Skirt Tetra...
  9. manlyfish

120 gallon aquarium only-Lapeer Michigan- shipping or pick-up

Hey, im on the lookout for 120gallon tank let me know if your in the area and looking to sell yours ;)
  10. manlyfish

125 gallon stock suggestions?

how will my corys do with a severum?
  11. manlyfish

ID this fish?

hes cute
  12. manlyfish

My new dojo

hes a cute lil guy
  13. manlyfish

new jardini owner

should i message you my address?
  14. manlyfish

125 gallon stock suggestions?

hey guys im back and with a 125gallon tank this time. i need some help with deciding what fish i should get. i want to have mostly catfish with 1 or 2 cichlids i was thinking 4-5 corys several rapheal catfish, and possibly some banjo cats and maybe some pictus and i dont know if this...
  15. manlyfish

stocking a 55 gallon

thanks probassfisher
  16. manlyfish

Looking for wolf fish

aquabid? theres probably some vendors on here that have it or can get a wolf fish
  17. manlyfish

Where can I get a snakehead?

where do you live? they're probably illegal for you
  18. manlyfish

stocking a 55 gallon

i like that idea, i've thought of bichirs, but im not sure which one to choose obviously i'll have to look into them i love em but they're a bit pricy for me lol
  19. manlyfish

stocking a 55 gallon

hmm i was thinking of maybe a catfish or some oddball predator?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store