Search results

1. T

FS Pick-up 125 gal, Fx5 and 486 and LED lighting NoCal or Reno NV

Okay pictures. I'll try to get better photos tomorrow.
  2. T

FS Pick-up 125 gal, Fx5 and 486 and LED lighting NoCal or Reno NV

Hi all. Thought I would post here before I go to Craigslist. I have a 125 gallon Aqueon 5x2 tank with 3/8 glass. Also a made for the tank black stand. Also a Fluval Fx5 and a Fluval 486, two heaters, I forgot the volts but work great to keep the tank temps stable. One is an eheim and the...
  3. T

Chocolate behavior ?

My chocolate does the same. Makes it easy to get him to eat out of my hand. And at times he jumps up at something and hits the glass. Must be how they feed in the wild.
  4. T

HELP URGENT!!

Sounds like your biological filter has failed which would explain high ammonia readings. You need to cycle the tank but you might be able to speed things up if someone with a tank can give you some medium out of their filters. Then you can use that to "seed" your filter, bringing in the...
  5. T

Thoughts on a Super Red Sev Death

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. To be honest, I have never measured GH. BUT, I live in a very dry climate and am always amazed at the evaporation from the tank. I was doing 30% water changes every 5 days or so before the HITH. The epsom salt was only contained in the soaked...
  6. T

I did the teaspoon of Safe because it was the first time I used Safe instead of Prime and the back indicated that you could use a teaspoon to 100 gallons (I'm at my office typing from memory my have measurements wrong) to neutralize nitrates, which I was suspecting might be a problem. I will...
  7. T

Thank you for replies. Substrate is pretty thin because I always vacuum it up. I would say it averages an inch. Aeration seems pretty good with the two filters and like I said no other fish showed distress. Is it really overstocked? I thought I was average. The rotkeil is 7 inches and...
  8. T

Ugh... my super red sev died on my birthday. This may be just one of those, who knows situations but thought I would ask you MFKers. He seems to have been very healthy except for a slight deformity in one of the gill plates.. but just a shorter gill plate. He was about 2 years old and about...
  9. T

Hahahaha my Midas watching tv in single file

An obvious question, but what are they watching? I mean what is the programing?
  10. T

Mixing african and american cichlids, and cichlid water parameters

I would love to see some tank shots of mixed tanks. FYI - severum, chocolate, congo tetras, SAEs and a senegal bicher.... I'm a mixer I guess.
  11. T

chocolate cichlid

I don't think the tank mates are a problem. a 40 is very small for a full grown Chocolate however.
  12. T

how many of you use prime?

How is the powder form used? Lasts longer? Why would you want it to last longer if you neutralize the chlorine with the liquid prime it is neutralized permanently no? Just curious as I was just looking into other products that may be cheaper. Think I will stick with prime. I dose full tank...
  13. T

Life after "Wet pet" Stocking help

Just as an example I have a 120 with a male red spot sev, a male rotkiel sev, a chocolate, and a threadfin acara, 2 SAEs, 8 congo tetras, a senegal bicher and a bristlenose pleco. I really like my tank, peaceful and active. Before the chocolate, I had a satanoperca, but he was getting too...
  14. T

Rapid Breathing

From time to time this happens to me and the water testing comes out normal. Sometimes I just do a large waterchange 50-75% and it seems to restabilize the tank. I can't tell you why but that is what I do.
  15. T

I finally got my monster!!!

Wow! What a beautiful fish. I don't know why, but Clyde came to mind. Enjoy
  16. T

wild rotkeil questions AND 180 stocking thoughts

When I first got my rotkiel he was about an inch long. Tiny guy that I thought was a female for the longest time. He is top dog in my tank now with a larger red spot severum, also male. While he goes at it with the red spot, he never has damaged him. Easy keeper in my opinion. I'll try to...
  17. T

wild rotkeil questions AND 180 stocking thoughts

I have a wild caught rotkeil from Wetspot Tropicals for 2 years now and my pH is 8. More skittish than my other fish but always out front for food and if I am still will come out readily. Just my experience. Mine is a beautiful male. Have fun.
  18. T

A couple of new additions

Pigs they are. Mine goes nuts for food and at 4 inches will lunge out of the water if I hold some food above. Best, I love my guy... Snickers II.
  19. T

A couple of new additions

Not trying to dis your fish, and from the postings I'm sure you are way more experienced than I, but what is with the chocolate's belly? It almost looks tumor like? I have a chocolate as well. I lost one at about 5 inches and had to get another. My first was very mellow. This new one is a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store