I finally got my monster!!!

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
I couldnt take it any longer and had to get myself a Big Bad Wolf:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2 I have loved Dovii for a long time just havent had the time to enjoy them until now. I thought about growing one out as i love growing out my own fish. I havent bought many large fish and was hesitant on this buy, but Ive seen so many of these beasts out there and couldnt resist the urge to have a monster predator Right Now!! So a Big thanks to my man Gage with cichlidconnection for hookin me up!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I was expecting this guy to be around 13" and when he got here closer to a whoppin 17"!!! LOL I am doin a parasite treatment because he is wild and im almost finished wih it. It took him a few days to settle in and finally eat but at least hes eating and im gonna have to get creative with his food since all he will eat is live, wont even look at pellets LOL So i tossed in some of my midas growouts around 2-3" to help get him comfortable in his new tank and for snacks when he does come around. i have a few more midas left that i can throw in there and a new spawn of them here soon. But i dont have access to alot of live foods here in alaska that im willing to give him. I am thinkin about frogs this spring cause i can catch them for free;) i though about mice but my wife wouldnt have it so i bought some frozen hoppers for now lol once i can get him to trained to feeding time ill add frozen shrimp, talapia and then pellets.. i would love to get my hands on some crustacians. any other ideas on what i could feed him that is healthy for him i would greatly appreciate it. He is currently in a 125 temp, i will be building a couple of 320G next year so i will move him into the 180 mid year and then into his 320. I dont plan on breeding him because dovii fry are not profitable not to mention a pain in the butt trying to catch and house in other tanks LOL so this brute will be my solo Bad@$$.

Most of you know that i name my fish:) mostly to make it easy to refer to them during conversation and such. But i have yet to name this guy and would love to hear any ideas from other members:) here are some pics i took. the first two are the same day i got him last wed, Feb 6 and the rest are of today.

_DSC0015.JPG

_DSC0046.JPG

_DSC0048.JPG

_DSC0049.JPG

_DSC0050.JPG

_DSC0052.JPG

_DSC0053.JPG

_DSC0055.JPG

_DSC0012.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com