breeding largemouth bass

kydsexy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2007
connecticut
lol a few months ago, a guy caught a 14" bass from a lake full of growth stunted fish, it was the lake record! he weighed about 4 lbs tho, really really fat guy, but the lake was restocked 2 years ago after being drained completely. so ~2 year old bass are enormous. one in a 40L would be like an elephant in a bedroom lol

MRCREAM12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
THEY BREAD AT ABOUT 12-14 INCHES YOU WILL NEED A VERY LARGE TANK WITH NOTHING BUT THEM IT IT

Weather Loch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2008
South Africa
Hi

I don't have bass but I do like to catch them! I agree with the previous posts. Bass are preditors and most perditors like space to hunt and breed. I know the guys keeping Peacock bass normally have 400g and bigger tanks and that's only for the juveniles not adults!

But good luck and keep up informed on the progress!

gar man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
iowa
i just gave my lmb to the lfs because i had to degrade thier tank to a 20 gallon long so i decided that was best..i hope to get more bass once i get a bigger fish tank like a 500 gallon tank lol but now the 20 gall long will be a beta breeding tank and im going to use my 200 gallon pond to raise native fish in so i hpe what i did was the right thing to do i got rid of all my natives except for some small sunfish i have bout 1" each was what i did the right thing?

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
gar man;2143621; said:
lol i got a baby bass! i was at a local pond and i saw a little 2 in bass and i dived in after it :p i got it brought it home put it into my fish tank and the gars ate him...the bass wasnt happy but the gar was lol
wow im gonna say this bluntly. you suck. why would you ever do that? im sorry but you have no clue about native care. first of all, HOW WOULD YOU EXPECT TO EVEN FIT BREEDING SIZE BASS IN A 20G OR A 30G? THEY WOULDNT EVEN BE ABLE TO MOVE AND THEYD DIE FROM STRESS!!! AND A 40G EVEN WORSE, THEYD BUMP THEIR HEADS ON THE GLASS AND DIE FROM STRESS.
seriously i cant even believe you asked about that. you are really irresponsible. first of all you know gar are predators that eat pretty much anything, WHY PUT A BABY BASS WITH THEM???? second of all its illegal to take bass under 12" in several states. so you just took two and killed one. good job.
do more research before you kill another awesome juvenile fish. seriously man i've got your back when people flame you, but you cant do that. i just cant get over the fact that you would be so stupid. just use your head next time man. let by gones be by gones but dont do it again.

gar man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
iowa
im noly 13 and when i did that i was like 10 o around that age and i was stupid dude...i was just asking a simple question and i thought they breed at 5-7 inches not my fault dude seriously...and u said a 40 gallon is even worse? ha a forty is better then a twenty gallon dude...and didnt you just read what i posted?im getting rid of natives plus the 40 was a growout tank till i get my pond gets built next year

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store