breeding largemouth bass

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
le patron;2259317; said:
thats not true either. a 2"long bass can live in a 40 gallon alone for over a year. ceeej31 has one that he got about a year and a half ago when it was two inches long. now its about 7" and its in his 45g with a convict, 2 pbass and various others. just pm him he knows a lot about this stuff
LoL that fish is majorly stunted!

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
JD7.62;2261999; said:
no it isnt at all actually its growing in short growth spurts and its about 7" now. i think he'd love to argue with that, why dont you pm him?

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
JD7.62;2261999; said:
i dont want to argue like le patron said and maybe he is stunted i do my best to keep the water quality up and he is fed cichlid pellets several times a day...

gar man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
iowa
cichlid pellets? lol i could get mine to eat them i had to feed them minnows :p

MicropterusSalmoides

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2006
the future
le patron;2259317; said:
thats not true either. a 2"long bass can live in a 40 gallon alone for over a year. ceeej31 has one that he got about a year and a half ago when it was two inches long. now its about 7" and its in his 45g with a convict, 2 pbass and various others. just pm him he knows a lot about this stuff
a healthy bass will grow around 1"+ a month (especially at tropical temperatures) up in tell around the 12" mark. i would have moved him out of the tank at 6". its not likely he has a slow growing fish but i wouldnt rule that out, because i would have expected the lmb to be hitting its tail and head on the width of the tank (unless its a 40breeder).

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
MicropterusSalmoides;2264328; said:
a healthy bass will grow around 1"+ a month (especially at tropical temperatures) up in tell around the 12" mark. i would have moved him out of the tank at 6". its not likely he has a slow growing fish but i wouldnt rule that out, because i would have expected the lmb to be hitting its tail and head on the width of the tank (unless its a 40breeder).
" in tell" lol
anyways, his tank is a hexagonal 45g and the last time i saw wally was about 2 months ago, so if you want pics ask ceeej31, its really worth it he has a nice setup. he told me that wally has slow growing periods and then random growth spurts. idk, but that lmb seems pretty happy to me :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store