Status
Not open for further replies.

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
dantheocman;1694292; said:
LOL that's so true, these aren't swordtails or mollies. Worse yet you can get your ass shot off by some drug smugglers or kidnapped by someone with a hard on for killin/extorting americans or even worse than that get malaria and die. Take your pick :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:is right, this is they typical american red neck that is afraid of their own shadow, i have lived all over the world since i was 14 and i kayak rivers of south america all the time... if you think trolling rivers for fish is going to get you in trouble, then hang out and hid in your home made bomb shelter and leave the world traveling to those who want to experience something besides their back yard! you are probably the same person who drives past me when i am trying to hitch hike to work pretending not to see me for fear of me being some crazy!!! i have news man, the world isn't as dangerous of a place as you think if you respect it! and as far as malaria... i am a virologist and have studied biotechnology for 8 years... simple vacs will do just fine! thats what i pump into people in Africa all the time! ...... as i said....... cynical pessimists :screwy: but thats okay, if it wernt for people like you i wouldnt have employees and everyone would try and achieve dreams... but i mean all of this in the nicest most respectful way! :naughty:

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
well if they are difficult to find down there, it will be all the more fun to finally get some... i want to head down there sometime soon anyway! i will keep trying to find some on here that i can just buy, but if i can get the time i will head down south and i will keep you all updated on my progress! anyone with positive attitudes and a willingness to work on shipping i will hook up for what I think is a reasonable price... under 500$ for all the rest, if i am in fact successful, i will be selling at around 1000 $ lol :ROFL: j/jk im fair.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Way to go guys! You ruffled this one's feathers!

HKN

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
3RD PLANET
cichlaguapote;1694275; said:
No ones being pessimistic.. just being truthful, not giving you hope when there isn't any.. Truthfully check with Rich like said but I think if he could get them they'd be gone to a certain west coast pbass collector.. or a couple west coast collectors I should say.. ;)

BTW, don't think it's just go down to S.A. and just scoop out kelberi all day.. they're rare for a reason. And not because no one wants to bring them in..:)
who who??? who would get them from Rich if they were available hahaha :D

gl with the hunt...

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
there are many different species of peacock bass out there, and some are even rarer in the hobby than the kelberi. but once you find the region where kelberi are located, you'd have to try to bring them back, which is illegal, against the law in Brazil, and most other S.A. countries for that matter. they actually do arrest people for trying to bring fish out of the country illegally!

gixxer1k;1695039; said:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:is right, this is they typical american red neck that is afraid of their own shadow, i have lived all over the world since i was 14 and i kayak rivers of south america all the time... if you think trolling rivers for fish is going to get you in trouble, then hang out and hid in your home made bomb shelter and leave the world traveling to those who want to experience something besides their back yard! you are probably the same person who drives past me when i am trying to hitch hike to work pretending not to see me for fear of me being some crazy!!! i have news man, the world isn't as dangerous of a place as you think if you respect it! and as far as malaria... i am a virologist and have studied biotechnology for 8 years... simple vacs will do just fine! thats what i pump into people in Africa all the time! ...... as i said....... cynical pessimists :screwy: but thats okay, if it wernt for people like you i wouldnt have employees and everyone would try and achieve dreams... but i mean all of this in the nicest most respectful way! :naughty:

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
and as far as malaria... i am a virologist and have studied biotechnology for 8 years... simple vacs will do just fine!

Really. A simple vaccine for malaria? I am aware that there are several in clinical trials, but none that are yet available on market. There are several anti-malarial drugs and cocktails that ARE available. But what do I know, I'm not a virologist who hitchhikes to work some mornings ... ;)

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
fugupuff;1696259; said:
there are many different species of peacock bass out there, and some are even rarer in the hobby than the kelberi. but once you find the region where kelberi are located, you'd have to try to bring them back, which is illegal, against the law in Brazil, and most other S.A. countries for that matter. they actually do arrest people for trying to bring fish out of the country illegally!

i didnt know that it was illegal. that would change some things... how do they get them in then?

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
and dont worry, my feathers are not ruffled... im just sad that so many people think so many things are dangerous in this world and try to stop others as well as them self from doing things that could change their lives for the better! nothing more, nothing less...

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
gixxer1k;1697077; said:
i didnt know that it was illegal. that would change some things... how do they get them in then?
most are illegally smuggled out with other larger shipments of legal fish or shipped to neighboring countries then shipped out. that's why you don't see many of the wild varieties available.

you seem like an educated guy and have your heart set on exploring, hope we finally figure out a way!

sometimes people on the internet can be hard and judgmental, just remember...

"winning an argument on the internet is like winning the special olympics!"

Cheers,

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store