Datnoid ID chart

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
sauroid;726424; said:
why are some D.pulcher called "controversial tigers"? and btw, is the genus Coius still valid?
Controversial tiger is a label that is given to those tigers that may be D.Pulcher or D. Microlepis. Alot of these tigers are also referred to by the older common name Cambodian Tiger which are considered to be D. Pulcher. It all depends on which side of the line you want to stand on. Some even say that the CT may be a hybrid.
Coius is an invalid term, but is still commonly used in places like japan.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
islander671;734361; said:
Controversial tiger is a label that is given to those tigers that may be D.Pulcher or D. Microlepis. Alot of these tigers are also referred to by the older common name Cambodian Tiger which are considered to be D. Pulcher. It all depends on which side of the line you want to stand on. Some even say that the CT may be a hybrid.
islander671 thanks for you helpful comments !!!:)

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
marcos;696569; said:
this is a great way to show the diffrent types of tigers

its just this contaversial tiger thing that i think is a joke

some tigers have fairly uniform stripe paterns like AT,NTT and NGT most of which have the same stripe paturns

but just because a ST,IT and even cambodian tigers have forked or broken bars they are no being called contraversial tiger

what is in this picture classed as contraversial tiger i would still class as ST well one of the tigers for sure

who made up this contaversial name

Scorponok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2005
cybertron in cyberspace
islander671;734361; said:
I think the distinction between a Cambodian Tiger and a Siamese Tiger is that the bars of the Cambodian Tigers become fuzzy, or losing bar pattern, as they get bigger. The Siamese Tigers' bars stay the same when they're big and do not lose any patterns, although both fish are D. Pulcher.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I wanted to ID my Dats. This chart is very helpful. Looks like I got me some Indo Dats. :D

endi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2006
toronto, Canada
thx u

TROY25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Singapore
T1KARMANN;734478; said:
this is a great way to show the diffrent types of tigers

its just this contaversial tiger thing that i think is a joke

some tigers have fairly uniform stripe paterns like AT,NTT and NGT most of which have the same stripe paturns

but just because a ST,IT and even cambodian tigers have forked or broken bars they are no being called contraversial tiger

what is in this picture classed as contraversial tiger i would still class as ST well one of the tigers for sure

who made up this contaversial name
That almost 'X" tiger is confirmed ST :)

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I Finally found the magazine that this chart came from, its from the Feb 2006 issue of Aqua Life. There is a whole article in there on breeding Datnioides (so apparently some is working on it..lol), im trying to it translated as the majority of the article is in Kanji which i cant completely read yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store