Hybrid Crayfish!

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Wow, Otto, those look really neat. I like the sandy coloring with the blue bits and those claws are so fat! They just look like they'd have some real power to them *OWCH*.

And I wonder what we'd end up with if you bred it back to another P. alleni and then to one of my red ones. A very confused, tye-dye crayfish lol

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Hey black sun, were do they sell those red ones?

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Otto_VonBacon;2619951; said:
Hey black sun, were do they sell those red ones?
Mine came from a friend on another forum, and they were grandchildren of my friend James' stock.

He has some for sale on aquabid.com right now (http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwinverts&1231454975).

Some of them darken up to that vivid orange-red like mine, some stay more a creamy orange color. But James' stock is usually really good, and produces very vivid crays.

You can also find them on crazycrays.com a few months out of the year.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
outstanding, thanks. i'll buy some once i get a breeding tank set up.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
when will the young be up for sale? im eagerly waiting.

VinceC_69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
Canada eh?
awesome news, cant wait to see what they look like as they mature :popcorn:
I just might pick 1 up off u aswell ;)

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
any updates?

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Hey all, no real updates other than the lil' beasts are growing quickly and will probably be for sale in the next week or so. At least in terms of size and age, I probably will take a little longer to get pictures and information set up, as I just came home from an emergency week stay at the hospital. So, I'm home on meds, sleeping and recovering... no real time for forums, sales, etc until I'm better.

Soon though, promise! They're getting big and feisty, they'll need homes soon enough lol

Miss y'all, take care!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store