MFK Lungfish Legion - Herald Thyne Lungfish!!!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Good thread.
IMO, I think you should post totals at the bottom for example 5 AUL's 9 SAL's and so on, so we can see how many are actually out there.
I'm not apposed to loaning my AUL out for a breeding program if someone like Oddball had a pond and needed a few specimens for the project. Just a thought...

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Egon;4758307; said:
Good thread.
IMO, I think you should post totals at the bottom for example 5 AUL's 9 SAL's and so on, so we can see how many are actually out there.
I'm not apposed to loaning my AUL out for a breeding program if someone like Oddball had a pond and needed a few specimens for the project. Just a thought...
Great idea! It will work just great for AULs and SALs, not so much for any of the African species on account of how most a incorrectly identified, but I'll get that list together as soon as possible.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Egon;4758307; said:
Good thread.

I think he should be donated to my big tank for a "social study" of this species in particular.....then again, I am partial on this. I love genius lol.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Wiggles92;4759057; said:
Great idea! It will work just great for AULs and SALs, not so much for any of the African species on account of how most a incorrectly identified, but I'll get that list together as soon as possible.

dude, your Florida died!!??? How did that happen?

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
kevinfleming21;4759067; said:
dude, your Florida died!!??? How did that happen?
I think that it broke its back when it got scared by my cat peeking into its indoor pond (the cat can't get to the water though) and then the gar made a poor attempt to get away by slamming into the side of the pond... :cry:

On a happy note, my WAL and SAL come in on Wednesday morning. :headbang2

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Lungfish Legion Headcount:

E_americanus: 3
Oddball: 2
willys-1: 2
Nico primitive fishs: 2
Snookn21: 2
Wiggles92: 1
chrisngo: 1
pythonloose: 1
sbuse: 1
kevinfleming21: 1
Egon: 1
blitherskite777: 1
angryinsect: 1
ajrhodes: 1
FLESHY: 1
CizziB: 1
headbanger_jib: 1
Madding: 1
Bamboo_Turtles: 1
andyjs: 1

Comprehensive species-owned list coming soon.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
if it helps, here are the general abbreviations that we use for the lungfishes...most are self explanatory, but the African lungs may not be full intuitive (i.e. dolloi) :

Australian lungfish : AUL
South American lungfish: SAL
African lungfishes : AL
west African lungfish: WAL
marbled African lungfish: MAL
spotted African lungfish: SpAL
gilled African lungfish: GAL

hope that helps!--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com