MFK Lungfish Legion - Herald Thyne Lungfish!!!

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
headbanger_jib 1 wal

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
One 21" AUL reporting for duty.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Wiggles92;4740973; said:
Thanks, Solomon.

Unfortunately that P. amphibius isn't alive any more as we found out earlier in the thread, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are few, if any, left in the U.S. :(
i know it goes a bit off topic but i figured i would respond (and keep the thread going) - yeah, i knew the amphibius expired, it actually died many years ago...2006 i believe. it had developed some problems with (likely) a protozoan infection and oddball and i did the best we could to treat the little guy, but it didn't pan out. apparently the species is prone to some susceptibilities to water quality that most other lungfishes are not, but this is just blurb information from the Jurassic Fishes book (which is quite outdated with a lot of its info - great book still).

the photos on primitivefishes.com in the amphibius lungfish section are all of this particular specimen in question. was pretty active when small for an African lungfish! hopefully we will see more in the future, definitely a species i would like to get a hold of again. it's path to me was: Africa - Japan - Singapore - USA :) --
--solomon

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
E_americanus;4742751; said:
i know it goes a bit off topic but i figured i would respond (and keep the thread going) - yeah, i knew the amphibius expired, it actually died many years ago...2006 i believe. it had developed some problems with (likely) a protozoan infection and oddball and i did the best we could to treat the little guy, but it didn't pan out. apparently the species is prone to some susceptibilities to water quality that most other lungfishes are not, but this is just blurb information from the Jurassic Fishes book (which is quite outdated with a lot of its info - great book still).

the photos on primitivefishes.com in the amphibius lungfish section are all of this particular specimen in question. was pretty active when small for an African lungfish! hopefully we will see more in the future, definitely a species i would like to get a hold of again. it's path to me was: Africa - Japan - Singapore - USA :) --
--solomon
Ah, that's the one you told me about before that you sent to Oddball when you decided to split up your lungfish collection.

How much do these little guys go for? I'd imagine that they're fairly expensive on account of how rare they are in the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store