Wet/Dry Users: What Size Sump and Filter Flow Rate are you using?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
:headbang2

Filtrations fun.

I really wish I wouldn't have missed some steps in the process of eveolution of a MFKer. I really needed to find all this filtration crap interesting and started experimenting with it before spending oodles of money on fish.

But I guess if you don't spend the money on the fish and loose a few you don't truley understand the importance of it.

Maybe by stumbling onto threads like this some of the newer generations of MFKers will find it interesting......

alleykat0498

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Central Virginia
I personally find it Extremely interesting! I have a thousand questions about sumps and pumps and overflows, as I have no experience with them until tonight when I begin to plumb a drilled 125 and turn an old glass 55 into a sump. I do know that bacteria functions best in an oxygen rich environment so I will use a trickle effect in my bio chamber and then baffle out the bubbles, other than mechanical filtration is there anything else I need?

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
75 gallon tank, premaid sump that came with it (used) maybe 20 gallons tops. quiteone 3000 pump, 780GPH @ no head height.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store