Canister filter suggestions

annamarie92

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
NC
I have a sun sun/aquatop and I love it. Very quiet (it's in my bedroom), runs great, and I love the stages of filtration. It's easy to clean too.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Are these quality that will last a while? I don't mind spending extra bucks if it lasts longer?
Depends on your perception of "longevity". If you read the link I had embedded, one member has had his for about 4yrs. I'm going on 2yrs with 3 units. Will it last for 10yrs? I don't know. But, if I get more than 3yrs, I would be content considering how little I paid......but that's just me

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Simple math: the price you're pay for brand name filter = 5 or 6 cheap filter units, even if the cheap one last only for 2 years, so add up at the end you still get 10 or more years...I doubt a single brand name unit could last that long :p

Reactions: xraycer

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Depends on your perception of "longevity". If you read the link I had embedded, one member has had his for about 4yrs. I'm going on 2yrs with 3 units. Will it last for 10yrs? I don't know. But, if I get more than 3yrs, I would be content considering how little I paid......but that's just me
That's been my logic :)

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Simple math: the price you're pay for brand name filter = 5 or 6 cheap filter units, even if the cheap one last only for 2 years, so add up at the end you still get 10 or more years...I doubt a single brand name unit could last that long :p
I agree with your logic to some extent. If you have redundancy in filters, not a bad idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store