Canister filter suggestions

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Looking to add a canister filter to a 90 gallon. Wanted to see what u guys recommend. Specifics:

90 gallon, planning on keeping a breeding pair of some new world cichlids. Or flowerhorn.

Will also add with the canister 1 large sponge filter and an aquaclear 70.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Are these quality that will last a while? I don't mind spending extra bucks if it lasts longer?
I've had a Sunsun running without issue for more than a year, but have since bought better quality units for other tanks. An Ehiem 2217 in combo with a couple of other filters would be alright I think, the 2262 is for bigger tanks, imo, but depends on your stock levels and kind of fish you put in there.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I've had a Sunsun running without issue for more than a year, but have since bought better quality units for other tanks. An Ehiem 2217 in combo with a couple of other filters would be alright I think, the 2262 is for bigger tanks, imo, but depends on your stock levels and kind of fish you put in there.
like I said, im going for a pair of larger new worlds or flowerhorns, so pretty robust fish

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Dont put a 2262 on a 90 gal ...i have one on 150 and think it would turn a 90 into a washing machine. Why not just put two ac110's. They are great filters and very customizable, easy maintenence and if your running purigen they will make recharging much easier.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Dont put a 2262 on a 90 gal ...i have one on 150 and think it would turn a 90 into a washing machine. Why not just put two ac110's. They are great filters and very customizable, easy maintenence and if your running purigen they will make recharging much easier.
I love ac. Problem is, and it's hard to explain. I only have room for one ac how my tank is set up near the wall. Anyways I think imma gonna go with the sun sun suggestion earlier because of the price and all the good reviews on amazon. Thank u guys for your input

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store