Difference between SILVER/BLACK/BLUE arowanas!

AmirM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2014
New Jersey
I was thinking of getting a black Arawana but I have a foot long knife fish in the tank already. Can they both get along and can the black Arawana grow out the 90gal fish tank? Thanks

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
How long does is take a black arowana to reach 20"? I'm considering one for my 180g tank, but don't want to upgrade the tank until I finish my BA in two years. Just wondering if it will hit that in a year or what to expect.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
How long does is take a black arowana to reach 20"? I'm considering one for my 180g tank, but don't want to upgrade the tank until I finish my BA in two years. Just wondering if it will hit that in a year or what to expect.
Go for it! You should be all set if you start out with a fairly small specimen (12inch or smaller should be safe) in a 6x2 for that span. I've seen SA aros still thriving at over 2feet in that footprint. Since they're much more marketable than a silver, if you need to unload (cause you can't upgrade for some reason) there shouldn't be issues ridding him & getting much of your $$ investment back. gd luck

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Sorry if I played a part in discouraging you in getting a black "the lion who ate the sun". I tried to prop the idea up, but too much holiday spiked eggnog might have clouded my effort by not wording things right and maybe driving you into thinking about other aro types in next to no time,lol, gd luck with your future aro endeavors

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Stunning flag tail as well...