Single male midas seeking companion....

TriLamb13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2015
United States, Marriottsville, MD
What are your thoughts about trying to introduce a female midas to an adult male midas? Any success stories out there? I think Diablo is lonely....Diablo.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I doubt it would work in that size tank. If you upgrade then maybe. Beautiful Midas though. I would love one like that. I never bought one out of fear of getting one that peels.

TriLamb13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2015
Good point! Maybe I will just keep him as a solo tank bachelor. I have been trying to research ways to keep him occupied or toys/things that he can play with but am finding very limited info. This crazy fish is just like a dog. He follows me back and forth and LOVES for me to pet his hump and tickle his sides. I think he is bored so I added in the tubes for him which he is digging but I'm still trying to find something more to keep him busy.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Stunning Amph. As for toys, I've seen people have success with foosballs. They sink to the bottom and fish can push/carry them around. The link below (not mine) is a good example of this.

Reactions: convict360

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Loved your amph...nice specimen.
Some fast moving dither fishes(danios) also can give him some company , there is always a chance that he might end up eating them , but the danios are not sluggish by any means.
It will keep him interested and you should see few chases too.
BTW , is your tank a 5ft*2ft*2ft ?
I still feel you can introduce a female there and ensure he has a fun company

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Female will be fine. Get a small one and put a divider in the corner on a 45 with a hole in it so only she can fit. I would first keep hole closed till they get familiar

Reactions: sbgbuddy

TriLamb13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2015
Aqueon 75g (48.5" x 18.5" x 21.2"), he kept feeder fish for months as his friends before he finally turned on them and ate 4 of the 6. I may try putting up a 45 degree angle divider across one corner to see how re reacts first. He gets so jealous when I tend to other tanks and will literally thrash around and splash water out of the tank so that I will pay attention to him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store