Stuegeon Shipping

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
(This is a repost, I just posted it here so I can get more responses in this topic)
Hello,
So I recently ordered a pair of siberian sturgeon, and got them shipped out to me via 2 day priority mail. Well they were suppose to arrive today but they may arrive tomorrow. The seller has a gauritee on them but I want them to arrive alive. Will they survive? I'm most worried about the O2 and temp of the container. They are 2 inches in length and not to big.
Thanks, Jon

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Where did you find sturgeon for sale?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No point in asking the same question in two different threads but no one here can say for sure if the fish will survive and arrive alive.The biggest factors in the sturgeon's survival will probably be the temperature,oxygen depletion and if they pollute the water with wastes and cause an ammonia spike.
It costs more but next time pay the extra money and have your fish shipped overnight/next day....you want the fish out of transit and in your tank as soon as possible.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
They like cool water, right? So the heat would be an issue with them. Outside of that, at 2 inches I would think they would be like any other fish.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Cold water is not issue for sturgeon.
People here have them in ponds.
Nex time just order faster shipment.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Cold water is what they prefer yes but I was referring to the rather warm temperatures the past few days.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Discusorigins Mark Chen and Fwta183 are selling them.

I'd vote strongly too not to cheap out on shipping but from Fwta183's ad it looks like there is only one shipping method.

I'd always insist on overnight or 1-day shipping.

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Discusorigins Mark Chen and Fwta183 are selling them.

I'd vote strongly too not to cheap out on shipping but from Fwta183's ad it looks like there is only one shipping method.

I'd always insist on overnight or 1-day shipping.
Well, I just got the fish and they arrive alive and active. They are TINY. I know they were advertised at 2 inchs but I expected them to be bigger. The usps mailman did not deliver them as the temp in the mail truck was quite hot, so I had to go pick them up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store