GETTING MY FIRST GULPER CAT!!

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I would feed it a varied diet, and as for tank mates any fish in with it is a risk, a poly will just get eaten, and the oscar is a risk. As is shown by this video they will happily eat fish that are about the same size, and could try to eat larger with less successful results.
gz louise that thing is serious lol. In terms of varied diet, so far im thinking shrimp, silversides and massivore. What else woudl you recommend is good for them?

PS. In 12h my gulper will be in his tank :D

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
gz louise that thing is serious lol. In terms of varied diet, so far im thinking shrimp, silversides and massivore. What else woudl you recommend is good for them?

PS: 12h and I have mine :D

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Someone seems excited! :D

Hey - if you don't mind me asking, how much are they going for nowadays?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice. Looks like it's moving around pretty well.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd also be on the side of erring on caution with your oscar. You could chuck the gulper in a 40g breeder and keep the 90 for your Oscar, gulpers just stay in the one spot anyway; doing nothing

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I'd also be on the side of erring on caution with your oscar. You could chuck the gulper in a 40g breeder and keep the 90 for your Oscar, gulpers just stay in the one spot anyway; doing nothing
Right now it's in a 20g. It's like 3" in length we'll see in a few months what i do

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Quick question guys. I've had the gulper since Friday, how long does it take for them to get "used" to their new home? Mine hasn't eaten anything yet :S. He is alone in the aquarium (20g), i tried shrimp with garlic guard (cut peices), a silverside cut in half (with garlic guard), and feeders. He doesn't seem to be down :s. Should i be worried?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store