Help With Leo

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Don't know if flukes would stop the ray feeding completely, but the lack of feeding may be due to stress brought on by the flukes, indicated by the coughing.

If I'm wrong please tell me I'm wrong :)
I was assuming she was trying to pass something, but I suppose it could be a cough too.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Is it like this for days? Did you happen to just do a water change?
I do water changes fairly frequently so yes. Now here's the thing, she isn't convulsing like that all the time. It's just occasional. Maybe once a day is all I see. It seems like she is trying to shake something out or coughing or something.

Jörmungandr

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
Man sorry to hear about this! from a unexperienced Ray point of view lol I would say she has something hung up inside still able to make waste but non typical and lack of appetite in most animals means internal blockage that is if no other symptoms surface with the obvious objection to abdominal swelling that would be typical

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Noticed this today. She has some popping in the back. Any thoughts? Watch the white spot towards the back.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Could there be a pup in there? It does seem a bit fast for a pup twitch though. Or it could be a muscle twitch/spasm. Is she still eating well?

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
She's eating, but not well. Seemed a little fast for a pup to me. I've never seen something like that before. Could be a spasm I suppose...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store