Help With Leo

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
My Leo has been acting strange of late and I can't figure out what is going on with her. All other rays and fish are acting normal. She has not been interested in eating anything but worms which was not the case before when she would eat anything. I did see her trying to poop and it didn't come out like it typically would. I will post a video of her trying.

Here are pics of the poop.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Otherwise don't see anything wrong. No cloudy eyes or disc issues or anything. Thoughts? Could she have ingested something that is stuck in there, parasites?

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
im wondering if she didn't swallow something or have something she is trying to pass, don't know what to do. Poop came out, but I. The pics you can see it's not typical looking.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Would flukes make her stop eating? I thought with flukes there would be different breathing right? That doesn't seem to be happening.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm by no means qualified to speak on rays but as a start I'd say prazi pro the tank and try and get her to take some Epsom salts if its a blockage.

Reactions: moosemj

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Would flukes make her stop eating? I thought with flukes there would be different breathing right? That doesn't seem to be happening.
Don't know if flukes would stop the ray feeding completely, but the lack of feeding may be due to stress brought on by the flukes, indicated by the coughing.

If I'm wrong please tell me I'm wrong :)

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
DB junkie DB junkie had flukes a while back. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Reactions: moosemj

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Thanks, I could use all the help I can get. Never fun to have a Ray that is not being itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store