BREAKING...400 Pound Gorilla Killed after Mandhandling Child!!

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Situations like this really hurt the credibility of zoos. A lot of people completely disagree with zoos in general. And the zoos response is that they do conservation research or other forms of non invasive research. Then they are forced to kill one of their animals. Good job guys...
While I don't think the parents should be allowed to sue them I do think the zoo should be fined by some regulartory body and forced to completely re-evaluate and even redo some of their current enclosures with potentially dangerous animals.

I know they don't want to the zoo to look like a prison but look what happens when the enclosures aren't secure enough.

Thats what you call Gorilla glass! haha

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I like the mother, "Mommys right here". My question is where was mommy when the kid was going over/through the fence?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
This is nobody's but the parents fault, that gorillas blood is on her hands. Yes accidents happen but this isn't a little bit of spilt milk here

After finding out the child climbed through the enclosure, I have a feeling the zoo will still take the hit from this. They say the boy is fine, has concussion but no broken bones...

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Unfortunately the zoo should have realized that parenting young children nowadays is a lost skill. They should have idiot proofed the enclosure when we started allowing people to shirk all responsibility for their behavior and that of their children

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Unfortunately the zoo should have realized that parenting young children nowadays is a lost skill. They should have idiot proofed the enclosure when we started allowing people to shirk all responsibility for their behavior and that of their children

Sad but true.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
sad story read that the mother is getting attacked on the net. Not rushing to judgment on her part who knows she may be a great mom or a crappy one. But all of us know accidents can happen I'm like white on rice with my kids in public but can admit there are times when I've gotten distracted by one of my kids and the other got a bit away from me.

if its true that the kid was able to just slip through a fence then I think the zoo should be liable. I mean kids go on class trips all the time and the kids are usually running around like crazy how secure could this exhibit be ?

its a shame the animal had to die but if it were any of our kids if it were my kid I wouldn't want them to take any chance with darting it.... they made the right call

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Its confirmed that Silver Back Lowland Gorilla was shot by zoo official who states primate was in a agitated state and could have easily harmed boy with its strength. Jack Hanna states gorilla strong enough to crush a coconut easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store