The Most EVIL CICHLID on the Planet.....

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Nah Grammodes I heard are very shy and slow growing. Has anyone ever actually seen a pair of Neets take on a Grammodes?
Grammodes tend to be shy, however I had a male and female in my 360 gallon tank a few years ago with other cichlids and they wasn't shy at all, the bigger the tank, the less shy they are.

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Nah Grammodes I heard are very shy and slow growing. Has anyone ever actually seen a pair of Neets take on a Grammodes?
They can be very shy. I had a male for 11 years and he got to 9", he grew around 1" per year most of his life. Neets are crazy fast and that it what I really like about them but grammodes males are a different type of aggressive. I've had 3 and they never have held a territory, once they are comfortable they pick the weakest fish and slowly pick on it till it's dead. Then you might have peace for a little bit depending on how much larger the other fish are but at some point real soon the grammodes will pick another target. The cycle just keeps repeating itself until you have a tank with only a male grammodes. I've found neets get along great in groups and if the tank is large enough with plenty of cover do great with most aggressive CA cichlids. I like putting them with amphilophus (all but trimacs, trimacs can't hang) in tanks that have lots of stacked rocks. The amphilophus can't catch them and the neets race out and dive bomb them when they have fry. It's pretty funny to watch.

When I put a 6" grammodes male in with 6 neets in a 125 the neets never messed with him. It's like they knew it would end bad and it ended bad anyway.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
A 6" male grammodes is no joke. Neets are notorious, but a grammodes is on another level honestly. Neets are a lot more interesting to watch though. Mr Evil or whatever you named him is one beast of a neet.

MonitorSpiderCichlid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
Where the Simpsons takes place
Whoa unbelievable , just could not digest it at all.
First time seeing a Grammode in action and speechless
Most Grammodes are silent killers. You rarely see them do it in front of you. My old male was a sneaky little (insert word here) lol. The cichlids that were too large for him to take down were pecked behind their backs often by him. Just little piece of crap lol

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Video says Dovii doesn't it? Managuense can be pretty soft to be honest.. However, Mr Evil has been taking on a much more aggressive fish a big male Istlanum....Looking like I may have to isolate him due to the damage hes sustained. I recon a Grammodes against a breeding male Neet, like Mr Evil would loose out big time. Not only is he lightening fast, hes tough, strong, and has an incredibly powerful bite. Hes done some pretty nasty damage to the much bigger toothier Istlanum

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store